Social Content Producer – CBS.com
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBS Interactive is seeking a social content producer for CBS Daytime shows who is obsessed with social content development, production and fan engagement. The ideal candidate for this position has proven experience developing strategic social content and activation campaigns aligned against digital and story objectives. He/she also has extensive hands-on experience creating social content, writing for social audiences and establishing a voice for shows on social media, and an innate ability to speak the various languages of social platforms old and new. The ideal candidate also thrives in a creative, collaborative and results-oriented environment.
- Develop creative content extensions around CBS shows on social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram.
- Manage social channels for CBS from end to end, including creating content (photos, video, GIFs), writing copy and deploying all posts.
- Develop content rollout strategy for social channels, balancing various stakeholder requirements to achieve network goals and business KPIs.
- Develop social content campaigns for story opportunities and network initiatives aligned against business objectives.
- Shoot and edit photo and video assets for social distribution while on show sets, press events and other show-related engagements.
- Track performance of all social output to ensure both social engagement and business objectives are being met.
- Collaborate with producers, designers and video editors to execute original editorial and video concepts.
- 3-4 years experience producing custom social content and managing brand social accounts, preferably in entertainment.
- Experience working directly with talent, publicists and executives.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate vision and concepts to stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience writing headlines and copy optimized for click through.
- Experience developing and creating visuals and video optimized for sharing.
- Deep understanding of publishing on various social platforms and nuances of the end-user experience on each.
- Keen eye for visual storytelling through photo and video with ability to use photo and video editing tools to self-serve on content for distribution.
- Must be detail-oriented and a stickler for grammar and consistency in voice.
- Must be able to see the broader picture of social as it relates to the TV landscape.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about television and pop culture.
- Ability to work against tight deadlines and flexibility to pivot on strategy and execution when necessary.
- Ability to mine and leverage social and site data to develop content quickly against social trends.
- Willingness to work nights and/or weekends if necessary.
- Must be able to provide samples of prior work.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top