Senior Video Software Engineer
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBSSports.com provides premium online and mobile content to the connected sports fan, including live and on-demand video, in-depth analysis, breaking news, and scores and statistics across high school, college, and pro sports. CBSSports.com is part of CBS Interactive's portfolio of multiplatform brands, which includes premier Fantasy offerings, high school sports leader MaxPreps, 247Sports, Scout and CBS Interactive Advanced Media producing more than 130 official collegiate athletic sites.
We are seeking a highly motivated software engineer to join our high performing video engineering team. This role will be responsible for the creation and execution of the consumer facing video products for CBS Sports Digital brands.
- Support and enhance core software infrastructure that powers live and on demand video workflows
- Development of an encoder management cloud architecture and interface that is utilized by an internal video operations team
- Designing scalable API endpoints for use by 3rd parties to access the video management systems
- Coordinate with various internal and external business and technical stakeholders to execute on the overall platform development strategy
- Enhance our live streaming workflow quality, stability and redundancy
- Implement industry-standard DRM solutions to protect our marquee digital events
- Support the continued buildout of our 24/7 Sports Digital network, CBS Sports HQ
- Collaborate with other CBSi teams to design and develop next-generation video encoding platforms
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Demonstrated knowledge of live and VOD CDN delivery technologies
- Experience working with a microservices architecture using AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, and DynamoDB
- Experience working with mainstream open-source video libraries and modern video codecs
- Previous experience with video processing services such as AWS Elemental MediaConvert/MediaLive, BitMovin, Zencoder, Encoding.com
- Deep understanding of video protocols such as RTP, RTMP, HLS, DASH, etc
- Expertise with compression, encoding, decoding, streaming
- 5+ years experience writing REST based web services and APIs
- Experience with Digital Rights Management Systems (DRM), including Playready, Widevine & FairPlay
- Plays an active technical role in the planning phase of new projects and may serve as a technical lead.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience effectively managing projects in a cross-functional environment utilizing the above technologies
You might also have -
- Experience performing load/stress tests on video infrastructure
- Experience with technologies like React.js, PHP, Python, Terraform
- Working knowledge of content delivery networks
- Overall understanding and knowledge of the broadcast operations, and technical production requirements
- BS Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical degree, or equivalent professional experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top