Senior Roku Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive's brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
The team at CBS.com is responsible for servicing CBS's premiere online content around the world. We're home to exclusive original shows (Star Trek: Picard, Twilight Zone, Star Trek: Discovery, The Good Fight) that stream via our state of the art platform, CBS All Access. We help millions of viewers consume and enjoy award winning television hits such as: Big Bang Theory, Late Night with Stephen Colbert, Survivor, and many more!
The team is looking for a Senior Roku Engineer that will embrace our design concepts, agile development environment and be a collaborative team player able to communicate their ideas with colleagues and management. We are looking for a candidate who can work in a fast-paced environment and has a strong grasp of cutting edge technologies.
- Research and development of new technologies related to video and video players
- Work closely with engineering and product teams
- Utilize a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills to handle a mix of disparate tasks which includes project and software development work
- Additional other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to develop new features for CBS All Access and CBS All Access International brands.
- Contribute in development and improvement of features around video.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- 5+ years of experience in application development
- Hands on experience building applications for Roku devices
- Demonstrate fluency with BrightScript
- Passionate about application performance and knows different techniques to do optimization
- Roku application development best practices
You might also have -
- Previous experience building applications for other OTT/Smart TV devices
- Experience performing load tests
- Experience with the development of Chromecast applications
- Experience working with CI tools like Jenkins
# LI - AS1
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Back to top