Senior Product Designer
- Burbank, CA
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive's brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
CBS Entertainment is truly cross-platform - we value design and brand consistency across devices. As an organization, we place a premium on design and usability. Creating beautifully premium and intuitive apps and sites is a significant focus of our roadmap.
Our team is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us develop interactive design solutions and consistent user interfaces across platforms. The ideal candidate is curious, smart, biased towards action and deeply focused on the "outcomes" of their work. The Senior Product Designer's work displays both a pixel-level attention to detail, as well as an acute understanding of broader usability paradigms. At our Burbank design studio, Product Designers have the opportunity to work on the streaming service CBS All Access across CBS.com, CBS mobile apps and connected TV devices (Apple TV, Roku etc).
- Own end-to-end user experience and user interface design across the full user journey, including onboarding, wireframes, prototypes to polished UI designs with motion.
- Create pixel precise designs that are on brand and are created based on product requirements and partner input / feedback.
- Research the competitive landscape, create user flows and work towards product designs that take into consideration evolving functionality, technological innovation and their effects on the product or company revenue.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, product, and research to ensure design consistency and quality.
- Advocate for visual, functional and interaction flow consistency with an awareness of when to apply our standards vs moments to add to or evolve those guidelines.
- Look at product usage data and user research to consider the best execution of every product feature.
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 5+ years of product design experience
- A strong sense of UX and visual design, with an eye for simple-to-use interfaces.
- Experience quickly adapting to fast moving timelines and variable project requirements.
- Ability to work independently, proactively gather consensus from multiple internal partners and be able to change tasks quickly based on shifts in priorities or urgent deadlines.
- Experience partnering with peer designers and product / project orgs to deliver cutting edge design solutions across the entire product lifecycle and have lived through multiple launches.
- Ability to rapidly concept, ideate and execute multiple UX/UI concepts using industry standard design / project management tools. IE, Sketch, Figma, Jira, Adobe CS etc.
- A portfolio that illustrates a deep understanding of functional UI/UX paired with modern sense of visual design currency. Applicants without an online portfolio will not be considered.
- Agile scrum experience -- been a member of a scrum delivery team in a product development environment.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com . Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Back to top