Senior Motion Graphic Designer
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 250 million people visiting its properties each month, it is a top 10 Web property globally and a top 5 Web property in the U.S. in terms of unique video viewers. Brands you will work on include CBS.com and CBS All Access, which includes HD movies, CBS shows, classic TV episodes, and original programming.
- Work closely and collaboratively with a variety of teams including: creative executives, producers, editors, UI designers, digital marketing designers and project managers.
- Have the ability to solve complex design challenges and develop creative visual solutions to those challenges.
- Design and build high-level broadcast quality motion graphics for promos, social marketing videos, presentations, interactive content and more.
- Have a solid understanding of visual storytelling structure and how motion-graphics effectively integrate into that structure.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively and understand all aspects of assigned projects and campaigns.
- Organize, supervise and execute various design projects from concept through delivery. This includes larger on-going design projects as well as shorter, simpler projects.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under tight deadlines - without sacrificing design quality or overall creativity.
- Able to work independently and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Must have a good understanding of the video post-production process, including compositing, color-correction, motion-tracking, etc
- The Sr. Motion-Graphic Designer will work on high-level projects that cover the full spectrum of CBS Interactive Entertainment. This ever-changing digital space includes the CBS All Access streaming video service, The CBS App and CBS.com.
- This role also includes pushing the boundaries and breaking new ground in the world of social marketing for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- A minimum of 10 years experience in digital, film or TV marketing and promotion, preferably at a broadcast or cable network, major studio or creative agency.
- An extensive background in and are extremely proficient with Cinema 4D and Adobe After Effects and you are able to design and animate quickly in both 2D and 3D.
- An exceptional creative design background, with highly developed conceptual and animation skills.
- A versatile design background and a great video demo reel that showcases a wide range of creative styles.
You might also have –
- Experience designing for interactive entertainment marketing.
- A BA in Graphic Design
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top