Senior Manager, Live Streaming - CBS All Access
- Burbank, CA
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive's brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
CBS All Access is a fast-growing streaming platform, offering services across web, mobile, and OTT devices. When All Access was launched, CBS became the first broadcast company to create a paid service without partnering with a paid cable provider. In short, we broke new ground in the industry by providing robust, interactive services with unprecedented access to local content. At the same time, we built an innovative and exciting work environment to inspire and reward the cutting-edge ideas, creativity, and technical/operational expertise of our managers and employees. This Video Operations team is responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content that is streamed on over 15 platforms.
CBS Interactive is seeking a Senior Manager of Live Streaming to manage the daily live streaming operations around CBS All Access products. The ideal candidate will create procedures and best practices to support our business and products, all while solving complex business challenges focused on the growing live TV on CBS All Access. The ability to develop, own, and report on key performance metrics is critical with the ability to discern priority and focus resources where necessary. You will be self-motivated with a deep understanding of Media and Entertainment, especifically, in Supply Chains supporting Broadcast and Digital, Broadcast and Media Operations, and OTT Delivery.
- Manage all live TV events, such as american football, soccer, mixed martial arts, hockey and other interims of workflows and operations for CBS All Access products
- Execute a live TV roadmap to scale the existing services, as well as continuously look for ways to improve processes and increase velocity and quality of output
- Manage CBS locals encoder migrations and relationships between CBS interactive, stations and partners
- Manage and improve "eyes-on-glass" dashboards related to video service and delivery
- Fix, troubleshoot, and debug any live TV streaming issues on CBS All Access and provide root cause analyses for all major issues
- Support internal and third party engineering teams to assure projects get done on time
- Assist in rolling out DRM across all stations and live tv workflows
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Lead live streaming initiatives within CBS All Access domain, including but not limited to multi DRM platforms, live TV and live streaming events distribution
- Establish and grow the existing workflows for live TV events, both during the pandemic and after, in order to develop or improve it
- Improve and grow the current CBS Live TV channels offers, in terms of availability, delivery quality and reach
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Minimum 4 years in live TV operations roles, including Live events
- 3+ years in customer facing roles in the field of video broadcasting
- Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, detail-oriented and innovative
- Strong knowledge of live streaming protocols such as HLS and DASH
- Extensive knowledge of live streaming workflows, from sourcing, processing, delivering and engaging from the live event origin all the way to CBS All Access clients
You might also have -
- Experience with video engineering is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, media or similar fields preferred
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com . Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Back to top