Senior Manager, Integrated Marketing (Innovation & Partnerships)
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The Sr. Manager, Innovation and Partnerships is a multi-faceted role that sits across the whole CBS Interactive site portfolio. At its core, the focus is to look on the horizon at the trends that are defining our industry and be an arbitrator in terms of deciding which trends should be tested vs. the trends that are just defined as 'fads'. This role has three main parts:
Each of these functions are massively important to our operational efficiency and ability to hit our annual sales goals. While some roles will have more of a focus within one of the above areas, the goal is for each team member to be cross-functional and knowledgeable within each component.
- Assist in moving our ad products through the entire lifecycle - from concept to end-of-life by working closely with our Integrated Marketing brethren, Sales, Clients, Product, and Engineering. Maintain a CBSi-wide product portfolio that drives revenue and meets client/industry needs.
- Where possible, partner with our Broadcast counterparts and sales teams across CBS to produce cross-platform opportunities.
- Derive relevant insights by gathering market, product, and client feedback -- leveraging company and third-party resources as appropriate - to develop and maintain a Product Roadmap for our key initiatives.
- Know what works on our sites based on different client KPIs so as to identify gaps in our product set and set up a Testing Agenda that is closely tied to the Product Roadmap. Show a positive upward shift in client campaign renewals through working with Client Solutions.
- Work with the Client Services team on our Data Strategy in terms of the components of the 'product' and the associated rules of how the product can be run. Work with Sales to identify the right clients for this product so we are protecting its value and performance.
- Specify needs for product development, design and functionality. Define technical requirements and write specifications for product marketing programs. Oversee the launch of new programs watching performance closely and updating programs as needed.
- Evolve our product mix, with particular focus on Branded Content, Mobile, Video, and Social. Keep up to date on new media technologies to identify the ones in which to invest along with potential vendors that could improve/evolve our products.
- Serve as a product expert to sales and clients; actively participating in the communication of product features and benefits to internal and external audiences while helping build out any supporting sales materials.
- Enable constant learning about what works through partnership with Business Intelligence and Research departments.
- Vet new partners and vendors while assisting on negotiating the agreements so they benefit the company and enable us to drive revenue.
- Use our research tools to identify potential new clients, in addition to, developing strategies of how/what to pitch them in order to close the business.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 6+ years product marketing or media agency experience and must have at least five of those in the digital space. Agency experience a plus.
- Understanding of digital media buying and campaign execution process along with the marketing ecosystem of video, display, social, mobile, programmatic, etc.
- Strategic thinker with a POV on where the industry is going and where the most meaningful opportunities exist.
- Understanding and experience with common digital publishing metrics and analytics including yield, RPM, audience packaging/targeting, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detail/deadline oriented with ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to tell stories rather than just presenting information.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to generate credibility, trust and respect throughout the company. Maintain and/or establish superb working relationships across the organization including business unit, divisional, and corporate levels.
- Ability to synthesize data into insight, and insight into strategy.
- Previous experience launching products and measuring/maintaining key metrics.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Openness to ambiguity.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top