Senior IT Engineer, Collaborative Systems
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The IT Collaboration Team is responsible for the discovery, design, implementation, operation, and escalation of CBS Interactive's collaboration portfolio, allowing employees to work effectively together. We are seeking an energetic team player/IT professional with wide range of experience in various IT technologies. Our team manages many areas: Messaging (Slack & G-Suite), VOIP telephony, billing optimization, company webcasting events, mobile security and device management, and audio/video/web conferencing solutions. As the Senior IT Collaboration Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining and improving our existing infrastructure as well as taking the lead on future projects.
The Senior IT Collaboration Engineer will play a pivotal role in driving through improvements of CBS Interactives collaborative technology stacks and in improving the technical efficacy of junior members of the team. The teams mission is to squeeze the maximum out of the collaborative technology stacks through optimisation and finding creative ways to use the technology to enhance productivity and efficiencies throughout the business. The Senior IT Collaboration Engineer plays the central role in proactively and creatively improving our collaborative technology offerings.
- Be responsible for the operation of On-Prem & Cloud VOIP systems including enterprise contact centers.
- Lead proof-of-concept testing, implement, deploy, maintain and support future/current technologies pertaining to CBSi's collaboration portfolio.
- Configure and support internal events and meetings.
- Evaluate system performance, recognize & deliver improvements to system designs in accordance to best-practices. Maintain awareness of changes in new technology and advances in the industry and relevant systems.
- Analyze reports/data and recommend changes to systems to increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Collaborate with partners, vendors, and other team members on cross-functional initiatives
- Design, implement and support group audio and visual conferencing technologies, both on-prem and cloud.
- Rollout of UCaaS solution to all sites globally. 2018 will see us rollout a unified communications platform, giving every employee enhanced VOIP, messaging and video conferencing capabilities. The goal will be not to just to roll out the solution, but to ensure that the business uses all of the capabilities of UCaaS to the maximum.
- Amalgamation of CBS' G-Suite tenants. At present, there are multiple G-Suite tenants used across various CBS divisions. The Senior Collaboration Engineer will play a central role centralizing CBS' management and support of G-Suite into one primary G-Suite tenant managed by CBS Interactive.
- Acquisitions and new sites. As CBS Interactive acquires businesses and new offices, it is incumbent upon the Collaboration team to remodel the sites, installing the optimum audio visual technologies in conference rooms, lobbies and break out areas. Projects of this type on the West Coast and APAC would be run by the Senior Collaboration Engineer with support from the wider team.
What you bring to the team:
- 4-5 years relevant VOIP experience
- 4-5 years G-Suite support experience
- Good familiarity with Linux, Windows and Mac OS support
- Good knowledge of Slack administration
- Strong Project Management, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills and flexibility to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple projects and work styles simultaneously
- Must be able to meet deadlines and follow-through on all projects
You might also have:
- Experience working with Python an advantage
- Experience working with API's an advantage
- Experience working with SQL an advantage
- Familiarity with: Zoom, Revolabs hardware, Cisco/Polycom video codecs, WebEx, JIRA, ServiceNow, SaaS software solutions, Apple Mac Products
- Networking skills including but not limited to: switches, cabling, firewalls, VLAN, latency, SIP, QoS, MPLS, SIP gateway
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top