Senior Full Stack Engineer - CBSSports.com
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Do you have a passion for Sports? Do you love to code? If you answered yes, then CBS Sports Digital may be looking for you! CBSSports.com is looking for an experienced Sr. Full Stack Engineer for our CBSSports.com engineering team. To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning attitude, technical architecture skills, and excellent leadership skills.
- Develop new business-led features with an emphasis on performance and user experience
- Write PHP code to extend and enhance the CBSSports.com site
- Build interactive UX using html and css based on designs provided by design team
- Deploy periodic site updates to QA, stage, and production environments
- Provide engineering support to stakeholders, ensuring a high level of application availability and stability
- Build from the ground up or and/or support existing applications for CBSSports.com Live Scoring Experiences
- Build a set of tools and APIs to support various CBSSports.com production needs
- Adapt and optimize current systems for deployment on cloud-based infrastructure
- PHP and Symfony framework upgrades
- Refactor various parts of the site to be more efficient and build sharable components
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of PHP development experience and familiarity with Symfony framework, composer package management and Twig templating engine.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience building UI/UX from the ground up based on designs provided
- Ability to design and debug complex systems.
- Familiarity with HTML5 WebSockets
- Proven experience using and writing content-driven REST APIs
- You possess strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking with product development staff plus the ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
- You have excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
- Worked with agile processes
- Familiarity with using version control systems. (Git)
- You love sports, fantasy sports and/or sports gaming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top