Senior Director, Content Strategy - CBS All Access
- Burbank, CA
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive's brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
The Content Strategy & Creative Partnerships team manages the digital brand health of CBS linear television and CBS All Access programming. We connect various cross-function teams including production, product, PR, distribution and marketing teams to protect and project the essence of our programming across consumer touch points, in addition to partnering with third party platforms and producers to enhance our digital products and services.
The Senior Director will oversee content planning and scheduling for CBS All Access Original Series and other content created for or licensed for the CBS All Access service. The candidate will work closely across CBS divisions to deliver innovative creative materials and initiatives designed to support All Access Original Series. The Senior Director will also serve as the brand ambassador for All Access Original Series in their representation across digital platforms including web, mobile, apps, social media and OTT.
- Manage the asset lifecycle of content and interactive features for relevant shows
- Help to set go to market plan and promotions for new and renewed show launches
- Lead show support brainstorms
- Oversee prioritization and planning of all promotional activity around All Access shows
- Work with sales and integrated marketing teams to create, package and execute sponsor features tied to shows
- Obtain all necessary approvals and clearances to execute promotional and/or content plans
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- 10+ All Access Original show launches per year
- Upfront sales and launch partnerships for original programming
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Minimum 6+ years in a strategic marketing, planning or content development role for streaming services, television, feature film or interactive media
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Proven success collaborating with cross-functional teams to manage complex projects across diverse groups or organizations
- Excellent multi-tasking and project management skills with strong attention to detail
- A self-starter, entrepreneurial attitude who can juggle multiple tasks with limited support staff
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, particularly with senior executives and external partners
- Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
You might also have -
- Subscription VOD service experience
- Ability to easily interact and interface with television production personnel
- Diverse experience and skills across creative, project management, product and data/metrics
- Experience using Asana, Jira, project management tools
- Comfort managing multiple projects at once in a high-pressure environment
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com . Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Back to top