Senior Digital Editor - RachaelRayShow.com
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Our team oversees all things digital for the Emmy Award-winning talk show "Rachael Ray." We work closely with the broadcast show production staff to engage viewers and promote show tune-in, as well as grow our brand's digital audience by creating, packaging and distributing approachable, can-do recipe and lifestyle content across RachaelRayShow.com, social media platforms and third-party syndication partners.
The Rachael Ray Show is seeking a passionate senior editor with a love for food and pop culture. Candidate should be a self-starter with experience working for a major brand and have the ability to handle multiple tasks on quick deadlines, as well as write/top-edit a large volume of content quickly. The ability to problem solve and stay organized under pressure is crucial in this role. Experience in television is a plus, but not required. A deep expertise in lifestyle content, including food, home and DIY is essential.
- Collaborate with broadcast producers and digital team to translate show segments into digital wins, specifically:
- Oversee daily repackaging of broadcast show segments into digital video clips for our website, FB, IG, YouTube and syndication partners such as AOL
- Manage daily workflow of writer/editor (including assigning and top-editing)
- Write and top-edit copy for show-based stories, original stories, original videos and social media platforms across food, family, fashion, beauty, home, health, DIY and personal finance categories, ensuring the Rachael Ray voice (that approachable, fun, can-do tone everyone loves) remains consistent
- Use data and metrics to inform and guide story ideation and creation
- Monitor and apply, when appropriate, social media and pop culture trends/news
- Optimize content for distribution across all social channels
- Work closely with the managing editor to continuously evolve our digital content strategy to meet KPI goals, as well as help oversee execution of this strategy
- Constantly pitch fresh ideas for repackaging/leveraging archive content into evergreen features and/or videos tied to holidays, tentpoles, show events, etc.
- Produce special branded content packages as required
- This role will actively participate in ad campaign/branded content brainstorming sessions and will constantly suggest enhancements/extensions to our current offerings
- Oversee email newsletter strategy and execution to increase clicks to website and video views
- Work with social media producer and video producer/editor to co-produce backstage interviews/video content exclusively for web, as needed
- 5+ years experience in digital media; food, lifestyle, women's service and/or pop-culture
- Working knowledge of content management systems/basic HTML
- Proven editorial instincts and excellent interpersonal skills
- A strong understanding of how stories are shared and consumed differently across digital, social, mobile and email platforms
- The ability to use analytics to help guide story selection and distribution
- A diverse portfolio that demonstrates clever and SEO-friendly headlining, creative story packaging and light multimedia skills (choosing imagery, resizing/adding simple graphics in Photoshop, creating social-forward videos or GIFs, etc)
- Grace under pressure while multitasking
- On-going familiarity with food/drink/cooking and celeb scene, as well as an eye for spotting trends that will resonate with a mass female audience
- The ability to be flexible and meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
You might also have:
- Experience editing recipes
- Experience with syndication
- Experience managing email marketing campaigns
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top