Senior Backend API Engineer
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The team at CBS.com is responsible for servicing CBS's premiere online content around the world. We're home to exclusive original shows (Stark Trek: Picard, Twilight Zone, Star Trek: Discovery, The Good Fight) via our streaming service: CBS All Access. We also help millions of viewers consume and enjoy television hits such as Big Bang Theory, Late Night with Stephen Colbert, Survivor, etc.
Become one of the core contributors that helps power the backend services for CBS.com and CBS All Access. We're a team that values software that exemplifies simplicity of design, maintainability, extensibility, and foundational robustness. We are looking for a person who can work in a fast-paced environment that has a strong grasp of cutting edge languages and technologies.
- Design, build, and support high performance, scalable, and innovative backend systems/services
- Develop reliable backend APIs, implement system instrumentation, and provide documentation
- Help build a culture of good engineering processes and practices
- Work closely with other engineers and product management teams to meet fixed deadlines
- Work in all phases of software development
- Migrate our API services/systems to cloud infrastructure and software
- Discover smarter ways to serve our data and content, whether algorithmically or possibly machine learning
- Define good methods to access, store, secure, and manage our data around the globe
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 5+ years of product software development
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design, data structures, and algorithms
- Solid Java, Linux, Shell scripting, Python ability
- Solid knowledge of Spring/Spring Boot
- Experience with RDBMs
- Experience with NoSQL solutions
- Experience with Distributed Systems (both in system design and data storage)
- Effective communication skills
You might also have -
- Experience with Search Technologies
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, cloud environments & technologies (GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of build tools a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top