Senior Analyst, Digital Editorial and Content Analytics
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Data plays a central role at CBS Interactive. Our Business Intelligence team is a crucial part of driving business, product, and operational decisions by providing rich data, strategic insights and analytical products.
- Lead content and social performance tracking and reporting for CBS.com/CBS All Access Entertainment brand
- Perform content asset analysis, synthesizing social native data with internal data, to understand the impact of social media in content analytics.
- Develop ad-hoc analyses, distilling complex analytical results down to concise summary, and presenting actionable insights to non-technical audiences.
- Assist in data requirements gathering and data validations.
- Build exemplary relationships, with a consultative nature, and be able to quickly form partnerships with colleagues and key stakeholders
- Lead, develop and improve scalable reporting of our social and content initiatives, including how the business is pacing towards goal and how will milestones impact the performance of the business in the future.
- Conduct analyses and deliver meaningful insights to determine the effectiveness and ROIs of our editorial/social initiatives.
- Assist in A/B testing and optimization of social and editorial posts.
- Help surface and determine what content Editorial and Social teams should create and post to increase video consumption or increase subscription conversions.
- Assist in the LTV calculation of our users by the various platforms and content cohorts.
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in Math, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or equivalent quantitative/business field
- 4+ years of relevant working experience in a similar role, preferably for an online content creator/curator or online
- Effectively communicate and 'translate' quantitative findings (storytelling with data) into actionable recommendations for senior management, editorial and social content teams
- Build, improve, and maintain reports and tracking metrics to monitor the performance of content and feature initiatives
- Compiling in-depth post-mortem analysis to determine areas of content optimization and improvement
- Seek and implement best practices for editorial analytics, social interactions, content distribution, and digital audience engagement
- Strong proficiency with social media tools, e.g. Sprinklr, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Instagram, Nielsen Social
You Might Also Have--
- Experience with analytical tools (Adobe/Omniture, Google Analytics, Tableau, R, Python) and SQL coding (from BigQuery, Teradata, Impala/Hadoop or similar environments)
- Experience in web/video analytics and subscription services
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top