- New York, NY
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive's brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Works closely with senior staff in control room with the ability to add to the editorial process in a breaking and live news environment;
- Exercises exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for compelling and comprehensive storytelling;
- Commands sophisticated knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
- Up to date on periodicals, including Op-Eds;
- Has thorough knowledge of control room and exercises appropriate etiquette;
- Exhibits calm demeanor in high pressure situations, including control room;
- Works closely with senior staff on editorial content of show;
- Pitches and shape clear and specific segment ideas with speed and accuracy in a deadline driven environment;
- Be in the control room during your segment to ensure smooth on-air production;
- Researches and produces compelling segments that include quality sound, eye- catching graphics, effective use of maps and headline grabbing banners; 10. Participates in daily staff editorial and production meetings;
- Works in coordination with booking, graphics team to produce compelling graphics, guest segments and video elements;
- Coordinates with anchors and correspondents to inform them on subject matter and brief them on segment; and,
- Works with Executive Producers, Line Producers and Producers on standards, rights and clearances and the editorial direction and language for the Anchors, Correspondents and on screen graphics.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 3+ years working as a show producer.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Fundamental background in journalism and media, including strong news judgment & critical thinking skills
- Impeccable grammar and spelling
- A passion for news both domestic and international news.
- Strong communication skills and ability to train and advise associate producers, production assistants and junior staff in writing and editing broadcast copy.
- Command of AP style and broadcast writing.
- Detail oriented with ability to work and write calmly and efficiently in high stress, intense deadline, live TV environment
- Must pass comprehensive CBS News Digital writing test.
- Be able to multi-task and manage multiple assignments for regular programming as well as rolling breaking news coverage.
- Available for early morning, nights, weekends, holidays - this is a 24-hour network
- You must be a team player with, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task
You might also have -
- Knowledge of ENPS and INews preferred
- Strong understanding of digital and social media
- Knowledge and a passion for the future of digital media
This is a position covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the WGA-E.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com . Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Back to top