Search Audience Acquisition Manager
- El Segundo, CA
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
About the team: We are the Audience Acquisition team. We work closely with the marketing teams at CBS to promote and amplify the very best content and products of what CBS produces every day. We run campaigns for brands such as CBS.com, CBSSports.com, CNET.com, Smithsonian.com, and Showtime.com.
As a Search Marketing Manager/Associate, you will primarily help execute on growth and acquisition search campaigns that focus on acquisition metrics such as conversion rates, cost per acquisition (CPA) and return on ad spend (ROAS). Secondarily, you will help execute on branding, awareness, and engagement campaigns that focus on maintaining high SOV for various initiatives and driving content sampling, video views, viewership, and other awareness, consideration, and action metrics. The ideal candidate has some experience running paid advertising campaigns with search marketing, display or video and is looking to further their experience and expertise in these channels.
In this role, you will work closely with the Audience Acquisition team to execute SEM acquisition marketing campaigns, with specific expertise on paid search channels (Google AdWords, Microsoft Search Ads (Bing), Yahoo Gemini, Apple Search Ads, and Amazon Search). This will be a fun and fast paced role so we are looking for an enthusiastic and detail oriented team-player to join our entrepreneurial team.
- Manage and optimize large-scale paid search (PPC) campaigns in Google AdWords, Bing, Gemini, Apple Search, and Amazon Search so that they meet the target KPIs across a diverse range of initiatives (eg: revenue generation, new subscribers, win back lapsed subscribers, new product or series awareness, app installs, content sampling, video views, and product engagement)
- Generate keyword lists, ad copy, site link extensions and any other campaign assets
- Research keywords for inclusion and exclusion
- Adjust and update ad assets, including text ads, video ads, graphical display ads or banner ads
- Monitor keyword position
- Adjust and optimize marketing campaigns/keywords and plans to meet changing markets and competitive conditions in order to hit ROAS targets as directed using feedback & input from Senior leadership
- Measure and quantify the impact other distributor and competitor campaigns have on our core campaign
- Plan, optimize, and analyze YouTube, DV360, AC, and other Google brand campaigns in an effort to connect the dots across the full Google suite of tools
- Pull platform reporting to monitor campaign pacing and help keep campaign reports up to date
- QA campaign launches and ensure data is being properly fed into reporting tools
- Stay on top of new platform updates and features
- Demonstrate interest in developing stronger analytical skills to measure and report on marketing programs and KPIs
- Manage monthly invoicing process
- Contribute to ideas and solutions to meet business objectives
- Attend team meetings and department calls
- Monitor activities of competitors and provide industry trends and learnings
- Execute special projects as needed
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- At least 2+ years of paid digital advertising and marketing experience, preferably with experience in running paid acquisition campaigns across Google Search Ads, Microsoft Ads (Bing), or Yahoo! Gemini
- Experience running UAC and/or Apple Search ads to drive app install metrics such as Cost-per-Install (CPI)
- Experience running YouTube Truview and GDN campaigns via Ads Manager to meet KPIs
- Experience using any of the following advertising management tools such as: Google AdWords Editor, Bing Ads Editor, Acquisio, Kenshoo, Marin Software, Quantic Minds, SA360 (DoubleClick Search), Wordstream, MOJO SEM (by Mediaplex), Webtrends, Doubleclick Campaign Manager (DCM or CM)
- Understanding of common marketing key performance indicator metrics (KPIs), their calculation and how the metrics pertain to the success of marketing activities
- Excels in a dynamic, data-driven, metrics oriented environment
- Self-motivated and able to work with regular check-ins and supervision from department leaders or teammates to communicate back progress and updates
- Strong work ethic, proactive in communication and work delivery
- Attention to detail to minimize errors
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Google drive, Google documents.
You might also have -
- Agency account or client experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree or Technical degree in Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, etc
- Organized and comfortable using team collaborative software like Basecamp or Asana
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top