- New York, NY
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive's brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
Smithsonian Channel™, a ViacomCBS network, is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. This is the place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries and amazing factual entertainment, available in HD and 4K Ultra HD across multiple platforms. Smithsonian Channel, winner of Emmy and Peabody awards for its programming, is the home of popular genres such as air and space, travel, history, science, nature and pop culture. Among the network's offerings are hit series including Aerial America, America in Color, America's Hidden Stories, Apollo's Moon Shot, The Pacific War in Color and Air Disasters, as well as critically-acclaimed specials that include The Green Book: Guide to Freedom, Black Hole Hunters and Princess Diana's Wicked Stepmother.
Smithsonian Channel is seeking a QA Specialist to work alongside product and technology on the Digital team. Quality is one of the most important attributes of our brand, so you would be a vital member of the team who helps ensure that we release digital products that we are all proud of. If you enjoy working in a collaborative atmosphere where you can help shape what ends up in the hands of our millions of users, come join us.
- Develop, implement and maintain a product testing strategy for video streaming applications developed for web, iOS, Android and Connected TV devices (such as Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV and Chromecast).
- Identify bugs, document steps to reproduce, collaborate with developers to resolve and verify bug fixes and help prioritize issues based on user impact.
- Use tools such as developer consoles, Charles, Wireshark, Postman, or Graphql to obtain as many details as possible while testing.
- Review annotated wireframes and acceptance criteria, provide feedback, and translate them into test plans with as much detail as appropriate.
- Use your initiative and judgment to find unexpected problems and work with product and development to get them fixed.
- Efficiently communicate critical issues and status updates in a timely manner with the QA, development and product teams. Periodically work with other teams such as video operations, design, and editorial.
- Participate in daily standups and the sprint planning process.
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Integrations with new technologies that improve video streaming, user experience and business insights.
- Major updates across all platforms to support Smithsonian Channel initiatives, as well as those of the larger ViacomCBS universe.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 2+ years of experience conducting QA for digital products on multiple platforms
- Strong communication skills, attention to details and organized
- Desire to improve the user experience
- Hungry to learn new skills and eager to come up with creative solutions for scenarios that might be challenging to test
- Ability to work on complex projects that cover a wide range of technology with varying timelines
You might also have -
- Experience with video applications, OTT, in-app purchase, analytics, or MVPD authentication
- Interest in and/or experience with automated testing approaches and tools
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top