Push & Mobile Editor
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
- The Push & Mobile editor will own CBS News' relationship with its audience via the lockscreen and other push alert platforms
- The PME will manage our daily output of push alerts, focusing on news delivery, audience growth, segmentation & retention
- For news delivery, you'll work closely with our editorial teams to serve news content with the audience segments in the most engaging way
- For audience retention you'll work with the marketing teams to integrate push strategies with email and other campaigns geared to drive engagement of active audiences and re-engagement of dormant ones.
- Reporting to the Senior Director of Growth & Engagement, you'll be the owner of all CBS News push alerts, on mobile, web and OTT
- You'll help define and dynamically refine our alert strategy, identifying audience segments via behaviour, geography and other attributes
- You'll devise plans for on-the-fly retargeting during breaking news situations
- You'll work with our partners in CBS All Access, CNET and other CBSi properties to understand how we can collaborate across business units
- You'll constantly review performance of our alerts and share findings with the editorial teams to aid in content strategy decisions
- You'll be involved in identification and testing of new technologies for reaching our mobile, desktop and OTT audiences
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- You have 3+ years newsroom experience, and a demonstrable track record in managing push alerts
- You are a news junkie and an app obsessive. Personally, you can't get enough alerts, but you have clear views on how much is too much for the average user.
- You have strong opinions on what drives quality engagement and how to own the lock screen
- You're across the changes being made by Apple & Android teams in how they manage & facilitate alerts and how that creates opportunity for us
- You're deeply familiar with analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Omniture, Chartbeat and Parse.ly and push platforms like Urban Airship, Braze
- You are a collaborative team player who loves to draw on and bring together people with diverse skillsets.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top