Product Manager, Growth & Engagement
- New York, NY
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBS News is offering a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic product manager with innovative vision to be a part of the team that is building the premier multi-platform news destination. You will have the chance to help shape the future of digital news with CBSN, the 24/7 streaming news channel, alongside CBS's suite of award-winning journalism featuring 60 Minutes, CBS Evening News, CBS Sunday Morning and more to create exceptional, cutting-edge interactive experiences on CBS News.
You are passionate about UX, analyzing business intelligence data, and conducting user testing. You thrive in a fast moving, collaborative environment and are focused on creating products that delight users and drive KPIs. You also have experience with various Agile methodologies, are well-versed in Jira, love A/B testing with tools like Optimizely, and are data obsessed, with Omniture and similar skills.
- You will spend your day deeply in touch with data and analytics across all CBS News Digital platforms. You will collaborate with the Business Intelligence team to dig into user experience and consumption data and look for trends and growth opportunities across core KPIs. You will also work with editorial, marketing, sales and design to define and test ideas, then evaluate, iterate and optimize. Additionally, you will:
- Work with product and marketing managers to create growth and retention strategies for mobile & emerging platforms products
- Interpret usage data and collaborate with business intelligence team to develop reports and presentations analyzing product usage
- Act as liaison between wide range of internal clients, including Business Intelligence/Data, Editorial, Marketing and Ad Operations.
- Collaborate with SEO team on optimization tactics
- Develop and execute app store optimization strategies
- Be an in-house subject matter expert by staying up to date on the latest in competitive products and industry trends and regularly presenting internally to various stakeholders on the state of the digital news product landscape
- Advocate for CBS product users and create detailed and comprehensive product requirement documents detailing innovative and effective product experiences
- Operate both independently and as part of a broader team; juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Extremely motivated and detail-oriented individual who is energized by big challenges
- Experience working with Optimizely, Chartbeat, Omniture, Confluence, InVision, Sketch or comparable systems
- 3+ years of experience in digital product management, or product marketing with some understanding of consumer research, product strategy and online promotion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Expert knowledge in mobile, streaming media players, connected devices and gaming consoles
- Comfort drafting detailed Product Requirement Documents (PRD's), user stories and wireframes
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, Visio/Omnigraffle or other tools for wire-framing
- Familiar with XML, HTML, and prototyping tools
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top