Product Manager, Emerging & Mobile Platforms - CBS.com
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Looking for a fast moving, creative environment where you can use your expertise to develop and produce cutting-edge interactive applications for mobile & emerging platforms? Where else will you have the chance to work on products for hit properties like The Big Bang Theory, The Good Wife, NCIS, Big Brother, Survivor, The Amazing Race, and many more?
CBS Interactive is seeking an experienced product manager who is passionate about mobile & emerging platforms, video, research & analysis, data-driven decision making, testing, and driven to create exceptional digital experiences.
- Manage numerous projects from concept inception through launch for CBS Entertainment and for specific show properties
- Collaborate with internal developers, designers, QA, video operations, ad operations, legal, marketing, and external partners to implement and manage product features and grow ongoing partner relationships
- Advocate for CBS product users and create detailed and comprehensive product documentation detailing innovative and effective product experiences
- Act as business owner for mobile & emerging platforms products throughout their lifecycle and work to resolve bugs or issues quickly and efficiently
- Operate both independently and as part of a broader team; juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
- Work with marketing managers to create growth and retention strategies for mobile & emerging platforms
- Interpret usage data and develop reports and presentations analyzing product usage
- Be an in-house mobile & emerging platforms export; stay up to date on the latest in mobile devices, streaming media players, connected devices and other emerging platforms
- Works side-by-side with the engineering, design, and project teams in our agile development environment.
- Actively participate in efforts to optimize and grow the CBS All Access subscription service.
- Continually test and iterate on your theories through A/B testing and user testing.
- Collaborate with other product owners to develop a cross-platform best-in-class premium video experience.
What you bring to the team:
You have --
- Expert in mobile, streaming media, or connected devices with 3+ years of experience in online or mobile project management, product management, or product marketing with some understanding of consumer research, product strategy, pricing, and online promotion
- Extremely motivated and detail-oriented individual who is energized by big challenges, works well under pressure, can manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and has excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Comfort drafting Product Requirement Documents (PRD's), user stories and usage/revenue forecast models – comfortable working with Excel models
- Hands-on knowledge of iOS, Android, and other digital platforms and familiar with app store tools and submission (iTunes Connect, Google Play, Amazon app store, etc.)
- Hands-on experience working within SCRUM or other agile development methodologies
You might also have --
- Experience defining, developing, and managing experiments for A/B testing or user testing
- Familiar with XML, HTML, UML, Photoshop, Visio/Omnigraffle or other tool for wireframing
- Proficient in G Suite, MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with Flurry, AdMarvel, Omniture, DART, thePlatform or comparable systems
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top