Product Manager - CBS.com
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Truly premium content. At true scale. Only CBSi. CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Be a part of the team that is building and maturing a premium content destination across web, mobile and emerging platforms for original and hit properties such as Star Trek Discovery, The Big Bang Theory, The Good Wife, NCIS, Big Brother, Survivor, The Amazing Race, and many more.
You are an experienced product manager who can quickly understand the problem space for any project that you lead in order to guide the architecture, testing, and development of elegant solutions on web and emerging platforms by teams comprised of researchers, data engineers, front- and back-end engineers, UX, designers, and QA analysts. You socialize the performance of your product to stakeholders and internal teams so that everyone is working towards a common goal.
- Manage all aspects of the video experience across website, mobile & emerging platforms entertainment projects for CBS Entertainment from concept inception through launch.
- Collaborate with other Video Stakeholders - Video Operations, Ad Operations, Analytics and BI teams to solicit feedback and involvement for roadmapping, prioritizing and planning updates to the video player and watch experience.
- Translate product vision, strategy and roadmap into product definition, epics and stories that can be communicated to engineering, QA and other cross functional site and app stakeholders.
- Act as business owner for video products throughout their lifecycle and work to resolve bugs or issues quickly and efficiently. Be the first line of defense for issue validation and escalations.
- Manage player upgrades, rebuilds and additional porting of players to new platforms.
- Work with other product and marketing managers to maximize video entry points and playback opportunities to create growth and retention strategies for site, mobile & emerging platforms products.
- Interpret usage data and develop reports and presentations analyzing video trends and identify areas of improvement.
- Be an in-house video expert; stay up to date on the latest trends in streaming players, mobile, connected devices and other emerging platforms.
- Operate both independently and as part of a broader team; juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment.
- Works side-by-side with the engineering, design, and project teams in our agile development environment.
- Actively participate in efforts to optimize and grow the CBS All Access subscription service.
- Continually test theories, iterate on testing, and socialize key findings from A/B testing and user testing.
- Collaborate with other product owners to develop a cross-platform best-in-class premium video experience.
What you bring to the team:
- Passion for the digital video market with solid understanding of the streaming video ecosystem and experience with streaming media players(Live and VoD)
- Comfort drafting Product Requirement Documents (PRD's), user stories and usage/revenue forecast models - comfortable working with Excel models
- Hands-on knowledge of Web Video, Chromecast and/or other digital platforms and familiar with HTML5 video
- Hands-on experience working within SCRUM or other agile development methodologies
- Extremely motivated and detail-oriented and energized by big challenges, works well under pressure, can manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and has excellent communication & interpersonal skills
You might also have-
- Experience defining, developing, and managing experiments for A/B testing or user testing
- Experience working with analytics(ex: Omniture, Nielsen) and advertising products(ex: Google DFP)
- Experience working with video performance and measurement tools and QoS products
- Experience working with Video CMS and program guides
- Familiarity with UX/Wireframing with Sketch, Invision or other tools
- Familiarity with QA tools like Charles Proxy, Wireshark etc.
- Comfort with drafting usage/revenue forecast models - working with Excel models or Analytics dashboards
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top