Product Manager - CBS.com
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Be a part of the team that is building and maturing a premium content destination across mobile and emerging platforms for original and hit properties such as Star Trek Discovery, The Big Bang Theory, The Good Wife, NCIS, Big Brother, Survivor, The Amazing Race, and many more.
You are an experienced product manager who can quickly understand the problem space for any project that you lead in order to guide the architecture, testing, and development of elegant solutions on mobile and emerging platforms by teams comprised of researchers, data engineers, front- and back-end engineers, UX, designers, and QA analysts. You socialize the performance of your product to stakeholders and internal teams so that everyone is working towards a common goal.
- Manage numerous projects from concept inception through launch and maintenance for CBS Entertainment and for specific show properties, including reporting of product performance
- Collaborate with internal developers, designers, QA, video operations, ad operations, legal, marketing, and external partners to implement and manage product features and grow ongoing partner relationships
- Advocate for CBS product users and create detailed and comprehensive product documentation detailing innovative and effective product experiences
- Act as business owner for mobile & emerging platforms products throughout their lifecycle and work to resolve bugs or issues quickly and efficiently
- Operate both independently and as part of a broader team; juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
- Work with marketing managers to create growth and retention strategies for mobile & emerging platforms
- Interpret usage data and develop reports and presentations analyzing product usage
- Be an in-house mobile & emerging platforms expert; stay up to date on the latest in mobile devices, streaming media players, connected devices and other emerging platforms
- Works side-by-side with the engineering, design, and project teams in our agile development environment.
- Actively participate in efforts to optimize and grow the CBS All Access subscription service.
- Continually test theories, iterate on testing, and socialize key findings from A/B testing and user testing.
- Collaborate with other product owners to develop a cross-platform best-in-class premium video experience.
What you bring to the team:
You Have --
- Expertise in mobile, streaming media, or connected devices with 3+ years of experience in online or mobile project management, product management, or product marketing with some understanding of consumer research, product strategy, pricing, and online promotion
- Extremely motivated and detail-oriented individual who is energized by big challenges, works well under pressure, can manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and has excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Comfort drafting Product Requirement Documents (PRD's), user stories and usage/revenue forecast models - comfortable working with Excel models
- Hands-on knowledge of iOS, Android, and other digital platforms and familiar with app store tools and submission (iTunes Connect, Google Play, Amazon app store, etc.)
- Hands-on experience working within SCRUM or other agile development methodologies
You Might Also Have --
- Experience defining, developing, and managing experiments for A/B testing or user testing
- Familiar with XML, HTML, UML, Photoshop, Visio/Omnigraffle or other tool for wireframing
- Proficient in G Suite, MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with Flurry, AdMarvel, Omniture, DART, thePlatform or comparable systems
- You geek out about all things Google and Android
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Associate Editor, Gamespot
As an associate editor, Kallie works on various content, including reviews and previews, and produces features, writes news, and appears on camera and livestreams relating to games and the gaming industry.
Back to top