CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The Media Brands Design team features a distributed unit of talented designers in San Francisco, Vancouver and London, producing engaging products for a portfolio of premium brands such as TV Guide, Chowhound, Metacritic, Download, Last.fm, TV.com and MetroLyrics - across a range of platforms: Web, Social, Native, Connected Devices and more
A passionate user-centric designer who can take complex concepts and design accessible, contemporary user-interfaces and experiences that provide real value to users. In this role you will consider the concerns of the user, the goals of the business and ways to innovate and elevate the experience overall. A design-thinking methodology will be essential and the need to ensure consistency in the design language throughout the brand experience.This will require frequent collaboration with product owners, engineers, program managers and marketing/sales partners to ensure you make informed decisions through the creative process that result in products that deliver clear value for our users and business. A willingness to research about the market for each brand and the consumer concerns coupled with exploring latest interactive design practices will be key to providing beautiful designs that are balanced across any device.
- Use design and prototyping tools to create high-fidelity mockups that demonstrate interaction flows across desktop and mobile web that will resonate with our target audience.
- Taking part in daily brand standups with partners in product and engineering and also collaborate in sprint kick-offs and retrospectives.
- Participate in discussions with design, product and engineering partners to explore new solutions to convey ideas in conceptual form.
- Regularly connect with Design Director to ensure concepts are in-line with overall product design standards and strategies.
- Be expected to present concepts to various stakeholders, explaining your creative process along the way laying out clearly why you made the decisions you did and how they address product goals.
- Provide specs and requirements when needed and develop interactive prototypes.
- Research latest design techniques, trends and innovations in mobile and desktop visual design. Explore new experiences in the market for each brand.
- A new experience for casual mobile gamers to discover fun new games on their phone and get the hot tip on the next must-have download for their device.
- An accessible new experience for consumers who are concerned about digital security in a new age of identity theft, viruses, malware concerns.
- A music-based quiz experience for fans of an artist or song that will keep them engaged on their mobile devices as they look to improve their score and compete with other fans.
- Create and manage new brand style guides that will provide front-end teams updated style information for use in development, whilst including any associated brand assets for other partners in the organization.
What you bring to the team:
You have --
- Have a solid portfolio showcasing your complete design thinking process from first sketches to final execution. You should be able to demonstrate experience of user-centric problem solving leading to positive results
- Be a collaborative team player that can work with a distributed team using tools like Slack, Google Hangaouts, Zoom. GoToMeeting
- Thrive working on multiple projects while demonstrating the creative agility to work both conceptually and pragmatically to balance business objectives with user-focused solutions.
- Have an understanding of common design issues, challenges and guidelines and experienced in designing for content-heavy layouts.
- Be experienced in UX prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Marvel, Principle, Webflow or similar products.
- Be comfortable giving presentations to stakeholders.
You might also --
- Have knowledge of Adobe's Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Have user testing and data analysis skills.
- Have experience working with a premium publisher.
- Have experience working in an Agile environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Associate Editor, Gamespot
As an associate editor, Kallie works on various content, including reviews and previews, and produces features, writes news, and appears on camera and livestreams relating to games and the gaming industry.
Back to top