Producer, CBS Sports Digital
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The Producer is responsible for program development, creative and editorial direction, and programming block hours, working with editorial management for the content vision of CBS Sports Digital. Oversee day-to-day editorial for program hours and coordinate content integration across platforms. We bring our passion for sports and love of our work, serving up sports content to fans everywhere, and this role will help us succeed in that mission.
- Responsible for program development, creative and editorial vision of CBS Sports Digital
- Oversee day-to-day editorial for program hours and coordinate content integration across platforms
- Coach and mentor show staff
- Discuss day-of correspondent requests with assignment desk team
- Work closely with CBS Sports Broadcast to provide on-air tie-ins to material on CBS Sports digital platforms
- Develop innovative content for CBS Sports Digital platforms
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 4-6 yrs experience at a senior level, including running control room, stacking a rundown, juggling live breaking news, strong writing and copyediting skills.
- Must have at least 3 years of Line Producing experience
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. The schedules will rotate, but must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice if needed.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, team environment
- Exceptional editorial skills
You might also have –
- Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top