NBA Regional Writer - 247 Sports
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Brentwood, TN, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Our NBA division covers the top markets in the league as well as trending topics dealing with everything in the world of basketball. We work as a cohesive unit in order to provide our readers with the most timely and accurate coverage of their favorite teams on a daily basis by creating quality writing and entertaining video for our audience to consume.
We are looking to add a self-motivated, knowledgeable NBA writer who can thrive in a fast-paced environment to our growing team. The ideal candidate would be able to search out and find interesting, clickable "social" trending news on their own and turn it into timely content pieces that can be promoted on our various team pages. In addition, on camera experience is preferred as video is going to be a major focus of this team moving forward.
- Help identify news stories that will drive traffic to our respective team pages
- Create 10+ content pieces (bolts) per day related to the markets in which you cover
- Monitor and manage the reach of the social pages you are posting on to ensure their success
- Connect with readers by conducting Facebook Live sessions on your respective team pages
- Create video content through the Videolicious app relating to your respective market
- Scheduling and posting your content pieces in an intriguing manner on Facebook
- Identify and create slideshows which will entice readers to click through
- Grow our existing team pages by implementing more video into our content and social platforms.
- Help expand our coverage of the NBA into new markets
- Collaborate with the rest of our NBA team to create roundtable content items that can eventually be turned into video segments
While this position is listed for our home office in Brentwood, TN, relocation to Brentwood is not necessary.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Bachelors degree in Journalism/Mass Communications (or equivalent training & experience)
- Knowledge of the NBA and its key players
- Independent, self-starter
- The ability to regularly work nights and weekends
- Experience creating and/or managing NBA content in an online space
You might also have –
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- Experience having worked in front of the camera
- Analytical experience with the ability to transform findings into actions
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top