Motion Graphics Designer - CBS Sports.com
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are seeking a Motion Graphic Designer who is familiar with the world of broadcast design as well as the newest trends of graphic design. This individual must have high proficient knowledge of the latest graphic and motion design software. He/she should be ready to bring their own design style to the table reflecting CBS Sports philosophy.
- Creative collaboration with producers on new shows and to design the look and feel for the show
- Design and animate graphic elements to be provided for different divisions in the department including TV production, marketing and social media
- Provide design knowledge and assistance to editors and producers
- Work extensive hours to cover big sporting events that may arise to assist during live shows
- Multi-task on different projects involving production, marketing and social media
- Taking ownership and responsibility on design projects as well as accountability
- Constant and open communication with every collaborator involved in the project you are working on
- Design show logos from scratch and animate the open with music
- Create the essential animated elements for the show including opens, transitions, bump in, bump out, wipes, interstitials, and segment bumps
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design
- Minimum 1-2 years of design experience i.e., marketing or design departments. Broadcast design experience a plus
- Very proficient in the Adobe Creative applications mainly After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Knowledge of Premiere, Muse, and Cinema 4D a plus
- A keen eye for graphic design including color theory, composition and typography
- Knowledge of what's new in the world motion graphics
- Creative passion for design and animation
- Collaboration with other creative people
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top