Motion Designer - CBS News.com
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are an enthusiastic group striving to find the perfect balance between great design, technical innovation and visual communication.
CBSN is our 24-hour CBS News digital streaming network featuring live anchored coverage by CBS News correspondents, including breaking news and original programming from around the globe. Download the CBS News mobile app, watch us on Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV or on your desktop at www.CBSNews.com/live.
CBS News Digital is seeking a Designer to join our fast-paced CBSN team. He/she must be capable of working in a high-pressure, fast-changing live news environment; balancing competing priorities diplomatically and quickly in a complex work environment. Job requires scheduling flexibility, including early mornings, late nights and weekends. We seek a designer who lives and breathes motion design; whose work displays attention to detail, a strong command of typography, and an aesthetic that is never behind our current moment.
- Create still and motion graphics for live streaming newscast
- Communicate with producers to help tell the best story visually
- Follow style guides and best practices
- Design styles/templates for recurring news segments
- Update old designs to keep up with current visual trends
- Incorporate CBS News visual brand sensibilities in all designs
What you bring to the team:
- 3 to 5 years as a graphics designer in television or online news
- Scene design in Viz Artist
- Templating with Template Wizard, including basic VB Scripting
- Demonstrated ability to create graphics and visual displays while integrating editorial judgement
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast paced media environment
- Experience with VizRT, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects
- Candidates must send a reel when they apply
You might also have--
- Advanced VB Scripting
- Transition Logic
- Viz World
- Viz scripting
- Cinema 4D/Maya/other 3D programs
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top