Media Brands Product Manager, Experience Standards
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Based in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Louisville, Kentucky, our media brand teams work within the portfolio of CBS Interactive to deliver highly engaging and innovative consumer facing products across the landscape of digital platforms including desktop, mobile, and connected devices. Our premium brands reach 150 million users per month and include TVGuide, Download, Chowhound, Metacritic, TV.com, Metrolyrics and Last.fm.
CBS Interactive is looking for a driven Product Manager to strategically lead the creation of white label solutions for shared user experiences across our Media Brands. From site navigations to article pages to lists - we want a data-driven Product Manager to identify the top performing executions on CBSi brands or on the web at large and to create a living requirements library for development and design. This role will require a analytical mindset to propose solutions that can be successful across multiple brands while supporting brand-specific design customization.
A successful candidate is a creative thinker with hands-on experience balancing user experience and monetization of web-based experiences. He/she will have a track record of partnering with a variety of stakeholders including engineering, design, marketing and business intelligence. He/she can communicate and build relationships with any level in the organization all the way up to executives , while maintaining a bias for action to move your work forward day to day via agile methodologies and principles. Finally, you'll be an excellent problem solver looking to learn from results and double down on traction to grow audience and revenue.
- Serve as the Product Owner for the Media Brands Monetization pod, gathering clear requirements from stakeholders and prioritizing revenue related projects for our brands
- Work closely with the Media Brands Revenue Optimization team to analyze potential upside and business models of proposed revenue-focused work
- Collaborate with Product Owners for individual brands to ensure alignment of experience standards across the company
- Partner with central teams including Business Intelligence, Yield, and Revenue to ensure that data drives our decision making
- Working with Design department to inform experience standard designs and layout
- Suggest enhancements to website user experience and acquisition flows, using testing and experimentation best practices to continuously improve site performance
- Manage accessibility, usability research, and focus group testing across brands
- Work closely with Design, Revenue and Engineering leads to create and maintain a multiplatform Experience Standards library
- Build the roadmap for white label solutions for web experience standards, working collaboratively to define user experience and revenue requirements for each project
- Develop a methodology to keep our experience standards evergreen through maintaining and updating as new learnings and optimizations emerge
- Develop Media Brands approach to emerging web platforms like AMP, Facebook Instant, and more
What you bring to the team:
- You are detail oriented with great verbal and written communication skills
- You can break down complex problems into concrete steps for others to follow
- You have a proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- You are comfortable being a decision maker, sometimes with limited information at your disposal
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of Product Management experience with history of delivering customer-oriented solutions from complex data sources
- Experience leading teams as a Product Owner in an Agile development environment
- Demonstrated experience in delivering multi-site or multi-platform products
- Ability to manage the product life-cycle from strategy ideation to tactical implementation
- Ability to gather requirements and feedback from non-technical stakeholders and communicate them with engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Associate Editor, Gamespot
As an associate editor, Kallie works on various content, including reviews and previews, and produces features, writes news, and appears on camera and livestreams relating to games and the gaming industry.
Back to top