Managing Editor - CBSN
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The Managing Editor of CBSN Live Stream runs the day-to-day programming of CBSN, managing --across all day parts -- the editorial voice of CBS News. S/He is responsible for working with each show senior producer to ensure consistency, accuracy and editorial standards in creating and executing the editorial and programming vision. The Managing Editor's main focus is what is on air moment to moment.
- The ME will manage the daily operation of a 50+ editorial team; including senior producers, producers, content producers and associate producers.
- The ME will partner with the CBSNews.com Director of Editorial, Growth & Engagement to ensure the full integration of the newsroom between the two main news teams with respect to daily news coverage, video production, and social media engagements.
- The ME and Director of Editorial are responsible for the full cross training of staff between the live production teams and the text based .com teams to ensure maximum efficiency in the news operation.
- The ME will manage the staffing and execution of special programming, i.e. staffing the After the Assignment Show; a limited run 10pm show.
- The ME will report directly to the Executive Producer of CBSN in making sure the daily operation conforms to the editorial and strategic vision for the development of CBSN.
What you bring to the team:
- Must be a skilled manager, 5-7 years experience in managing a midsize staff; give feedback and develop staff.
- Must have 5-7 yrs experience at a sr. producer level; including running a live control room, stacking a rundown, juggling breaking news, writing & copyediting skills and the ability to conceptualize and execute complex ideas for video and live graphics.
- Must have solid news judgment, understanding of the CBS News brand.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to clearly communicate with producers, anchors and technical staff.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top