CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
As with any company, everyone wants to be a leader in their industry. Our mission is very simple, to be committed to quality, proactive not reactive; listen to our customers, and provide the best service possible. Our commitment to our vision and mission is demonstrated through our hands-on involvement in daily management and building operations.
Has complete responsibility and oversight of day-to-day operations of facilities in multiple locations throughout California, ensuring all services are effectively delivered and facility needs are met including; janitorial, general maintenance, engineering and soft services.
Travel between local locations up to 25% of time/ emergency situations. The successful candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills and have strong customer service skills. He/she must also demonstrate strong leadership skills and be just as comfortable working with customers and vendors as senior executives. Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and can work without much supervision. Have the ability to develop solutions to complex facilities issues and prioritize execution such that repairs and office renovations minimize impact on business.
- Ability to act on your feet and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills and use of databases and spreadsheets.
- A practical sense and ability to implement.
- Ability to build, nurture, and maintain relationships with senior leadership.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to be agile and make sound business decisions without undue delay.
- Significant experience with managing dispersed teams, team building, coaching/training, and remote project management.
- Master of juggling multiple projects and demands while efficiently prioritizing.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
- Space capacity, tracking and maximization is a key role with this position. CBS Interactive, is swiftly growing in all markets. Our role is to timely communicate space constraints before they become a lack of space and/ or leasing dilemma.
- Assist in PM and budget tracking or numerous expansion efforts that are simultaneously taking place and will be on-going as the business grows.
What you bring to the team:
You have --
- 10 + years of experience in facilities management role.
- 5 + years of experience with managing dispersed teams, team building, coaching/training.
- Highly energetic and superior customer service skills and orientation.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills are required.
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times in stressful situations.
- Ability to plan and manage work under time constraints.
- Able to comfortably lift 50 pounds.
- Flexibility with off-hours efforts and occasional emergency response.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Troubleshooting skills required; must be able to determine a problem and develop a solution(s).
- Working knowledge and understanding of HVAC controls, heating systems, electrical systems, construction procedures and administration.
- Mechanically inclined and/ or handy with basic hand/ power tools.
- Implement preventive, ongoing and anticipated maintenance/repair programs.
- Manage third-party vendor contracted services as required, including periodic bidding and insurance updates.
- Emergency response and Fire Party experience.
- Displays a sense of urgency towards completing required tasks.
- Ensures appropriate follow up with customers.
You might also have -
- Strong local and remote project management skills.
- Must be outgoing, self-directed, goal-oriented and creative to be able to identify and maximize opportunities.
- Superior client relationship management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD and Microsoft Project
- Must present a neat, courteous, and professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Familiar with capital budget management.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top