CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Entertainment Tonight is launching an interactive streaming news network delivering celebrity, pop culture and lifestyle content and premium video. It will be available live and on-demand 24/7 via our app, on OTT, desktop, mobile and across social platforms. We strive to have our original reporting and exclusive access drive the conversation.
We're looking for a creative and experienced line producer to oversee several hours of live daily programming under tight deadline. In addition to building show rundowns and handling breaking news, the position includes guiding producers, editors and bookers on content, style and distribution. Besides a deep background in TV news and live production, the right candidate needs to have a sophisticated understanding of the digital entertainment space, knowledge of social strategy and an instinct for what's trending.
- Manage the show live in the Control Room, including juggling guests and live hits
- Build show rundown and launch/assign compelling stories and segments
- Copyedit scripts; create and coordinate show graphics in rundown
- Ensure all elements and content meet quality and editorial standards
- Coordinate with booking and news desk to drive content/coverage
- Assist in the re-packaging of segments for multiple social platforms in different formats/styles
- Coordinate with Master Control to optimize transmission and distribution
What you bring to the team:
- 2+ years experience line producing for live broadcast, including running a Control Room and building guest segments
- Proficiency with iNews/Media Central
- Video-editing experience, preferably on Avid platform
- Strong knowledge of social/digital strategy, including producing content in multiple formats for different platforms
- Capacity to give direct, constructive feedback to help develop a staff
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, including event coverage
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
You might also have -
- Track record of creating content that performs well on social
- Ability to monitor real-time analytics to guide coverage
- Familiarity with rights and clearances for obtaining third-party footage
- Understanding of SEO/experience writing heds and deks
- Experience with video playout systems like Crispin or Grass Valley K2
- Proficiency with graphic systems or camera expertise
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Associate Editor, Gamespot
As an associate editor, Kallie works on various content, including reviews and previews, and produces features, writes news, and appears on camera and livestreams relating to games and the gaming industry.
Back to top