Legal Department Assistant
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Our team is a diverse and agile group that works collaboratively across all business functions and brands to advise clients on legal risks, business strategies, and best practices.
We are seeking a Legal Department Assistant to provide contract administration and attorney support. We are looking for an energetic individual with flexibility as well as poise, confidence, demonstrated professionalism and the ability to interface with clients, senior leaders, and co-workers in a professional, approachable, and positive manner. This position will manage confidential legal matters and files and facilitate the contract approval and execution process. The role will also provide a broad range of administrative support to a team of attorneys.
- Obtain and track the necessary approvals required to coordinate the execution of all contracts
- Summarize agreement terms in contract database and file executed contracts
- Track and manage deadlines and action items related to contract expiration and renewal dates
- Maintain file room and offsite file storage records and retrieve files upon request
- Manage calendars: Keep attorneys and clients apprised of calendar, action items, messages and relevant business issues, both internal and external. Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding attorney's available time
- Coordinate and book travel, meetings, and special events including catering and processing relevant travel and expense reports
- Screen incoming calls, correspondence, interoffice materials, and mail to determine the priority and respond appropriately
- Create and modify/format documents including agreements, letters, memos, presentations (Power Point), spreadsheets (Excel), and other documents
What you bring to the team:
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Proficiency in Google platform (Mail, Calendar, Groups, and Drive)
- Strong skills in Word, Excel, Power Point and ability to learn other programs and software as needed
- Aptitude to read and understand contractual language and experience in reviewing and summarizing legal agreements
- Strong organization, attention to detail and high level of accountability
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize time-sensitive matters
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and judgment in dealing with a range of internal and external executives, organizations and confidential data
- Proven experience in prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously, following through on issues in a timely manner
You might also have--
- Experience with Salesforce
- Law firm or in-house legal department experience
- Notary commission
- Interest in obtaining hands-on legal experience prior to attending law school.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Associate Editor, Gamespot
As an associate editor, Kallie works on various content, including reviews and previews, and produces features, writes news, and appears on camera and livestreams relating to games and the gaming industry.
Back to top