iOS Mobile Engineer
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
This is a core iOS and AppleT V software engineering position for a new 24/7 streaming channel for CBS Interactive. This contributor will be expected to lead engineering efforts around streaming content applications for the iOS and tvOS platforms, as well as contribute to the design and implementation of APIs and library components for our video products.
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS / tvOS platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Improve our product portfolition by helping troubleshoot bugs and application performance bottlenecks.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- iOS and toOS streaming apps for Entertainment Tonight and beyond.
- DRM and content playback APIs
You have -
- 2+ Years experience as a key contributor or lead developer on one or more mobile applications in an agile environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or 4 years equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the iOS platform and deep familiarity with Xcode.
- Experience with iOS media player, streaming, and DRM technologies.
- Experience developing User Interface and User Experience (UI, UX) presentation layers for reactive web and mobile applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills to facilitate teamwork.
- Continuous build and test automation experience.
- Java/Android or Roku development experience a big plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top