Integrated Marketing Manager - CBSSports.com (MaxPreps)
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBS Sports Digital, the fastest-growing Top 10 sports property, is seeking an experienced, organized, energetic, creative-thinker to join our Integrated Marketing (Sales Marketing) team as Manager. CBS Sports Digital sits at the intersection of three powerful brands: CBS (#1 most watched network), CBS Interactive (#1 premium digital content producer) and CBS Sports (#1 in the biggest sports and events including the NFL, SEC Football, College Basketball/March Madness, The Masters/PGA Tour golf, Fantasy Sports and Games).
You will serve as the primary sales marketing lead for MaxPreps, the nation's #1 High School Sports site, and in-house expert on the High School Sports space. Develop advertising programs that tap into the passion and community around high school sports and the MaxPreps brand, including larger partnerships and on-site events, where applicable.
- Manage the full lifecycle of sponsorship programs, from ideation and RFP response to execution
- Develop custom/sponsored content ideas for advertisers, working with internal and external production teams
- Create marketing materials, media plans, and mock-ups outlining specific sales opportunities and maintain product decks used by the sales team
- Execute on sold sponsorship programs, working with internal teams across CBS and external vendors
- MaxPreps/High School Sports -- serve as the primary sales marketing lead for MaxPreps, the nation's #1 High School Sports site, and in-house expert on the High School Sports space. Develop advertising programs that tap into the passion and community around high school sports and the MaxPreps brand, including larger partnerships and on-site events, where applicable.
- Big/Global Sporting Events -- lead ideation, package development and execution of sponsorship opportunities related to big sporting events: World Cup/Soccer & Summer/Winter Olympics.
- On-Site, Sponsor-driven Events -- serve the primary lead from CBS Sports Digital Integrated Marketing for the CBS Interactive Events team, jointly developing on-site/event-based opportunities to complement sponsorship programs across all sports and tentpole events.
- Charitable/Community-based Initiatives -- serve as the primary point of contact for CBS Eco-Media (a division of CBS that harnesses the power of the advertising dollar to make tangible, quality of life improvements in communities nationwide) to develop custom programs that provide a positive experience for advertisers while driving incremental revenue for CBS.
What you bring to the team:
You have --
College degree and minimum of 5 years related experience required in digital media and/or sports marketing
Must be incredibly detail-oriented and organized, a creative thinker and have strong interpersonal skills
Background in the high school sports space and/or sports marketing
Ability to travel to the MaxPreps office in CA a few times a year
You might also have--
Personal experience with high school sports (i.e. played on a team, coached, officiated) a big plus
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top