Human Resources Specialist
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 280 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top Web property globally. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, TVGuide.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The HR Specialist role reports directly to the Head of HR for all of CBS Interactive. This role is a key member of the Executive HR Team. This role will serve as the Chief of Staff for the SVP of HR and be involved with a wide variety of projects and responsibilities across the HR function. The ideal candidate will be someone who wants to further grow their career in HR beyond this role.
- Provide Chief of Staff support to the SVP of HR. This includes: sitting in on Executive HR Staff meetings and distributing notes afterward to SR HR team, contributing ideas and adding insight into HR strategy meetings, managing the logistics of our HR team meetings and off-sites, helping to develop and create executive presentations, handle executive level HR reporting and management reports for the Executive Team and HR function
- Support all executive administrative duties for the SVP of HR. This includes; expenses, travel, calendar, phone calls, meeting planning and general administrative duties.
- By the end of 2016, you will have made a substantial impact on the HR team by working with the VP Talent on the following strategic HR initiatives; Leaning and Development, Rewards and Recognition, Compliance and Recruiting programs.. This role will also be a team member on our Employee Events team for CBSi. This entails planning employee events across CBSi such as Holiday parties, Third Thursday Food and Fun, Giving events and more.
- Provide HR operations support as needed. This includes: providing 1st line HR support and advice to line managers in all aspects of the employee HR-cycle, consulting with and advising HR partners and employees on various benefits issues, including eligibility, plan provisions, procedures, questions, and claims appeal procedures. Provide guidance regarding benefits plans and policy interpretation, maintaining all HR personnel records, data entry for HRIS and internal systems. This role will also serve as a back up resource on key HR processes such as payroll, severance administration and the leaves of absence process.
Such other duties as may be specified from time to time
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years experience as an HR generalist and or Executive C-Suite support
- Confidence at working at the C-Suite level, as well as all other levels of the organization
- Organized and able to manage many responsibilities at one time
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Can work under pressure
- Knows how to proactively manage calendars and competing priorities
- Ability to think proactively and analytically
- Expert analytical experience with the ability to transform findings into actions
- Confident in handling employee relations issues
- Experience facilitating group meetings and working effectively in a team environment
- Knowledge of and experience in applying federal, state and local laws and statutes etc. which govern employment policies and practices is preferred
- Experienced in managing cyclical HR procedures including compensation and benefit processes-preferred
- Intermediate or above excel experience
- Oracle experience a plus
- Excel and Power Point experience (intermediate or above)
- Must successfully pass a background check
In addition, CBS will be guided by applicable federal, state and local laws when considering for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top