Head of Design, Brand Creative
- Burbank, CA
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive's brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
The year ahead for ViacomCBS is an exciting one. Our new broad pay streaming product will expand CBS All Access by adding the company's scaled assets in film and TV, including world-renowned brands, and reaffirm and expand the value of entertainment, news and sports - through on-demand and live experiences - for audiences around the world. To help us lead this rapid expansion, the CBS All Access team is actively seeking a Head of Design, Brand Creative to work closely with leadership to oversee brand design, working cross-functionally with agencies, Marketing, Product and Content to ensure the best in class creative and design. As Head of Design, you will lead the development and execution of the brand's multi-platform creative concepts and campaigns, design and messaging strategies across all consumer's touch-points, from motion graphics, print, key art, social and digital, to experiential. You are a leader who takes pride in developing talent, presenting to executives and leading by example how to be an effective communicator to get large projects done across the organization. You can partner with Creative Directors and Marketers, direct motion graphics in-house, oversee shoots, manage agency creative and know how to roll ideas out cross-platform. This position requires a blend of excellent creative skills, brand strategy, an ability to visually interpret complex issues and a passion for advancing creative ideas and causes.
- Lead a team of motion designers and art directors to lead the design creative vision on projects.
- Inspire and lead the design team to deliver exceptional creative results that solve problems.
- Take responsibility for the design direction and output of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop deep relationships within the Org to understand their needs and establish brand design as a trusted partner to the business.
- Use logic and intuition to distill unstructured information into valuable insights and creative territories for designers to springboard from.
- Develop creative branding elements and design concepts that meet the business objectives.
- Implement feedback from leadership and partners to refine and revise work.
- Work with agencies and internal team to help develop the design of the rebranded CBS All Access.
- Work with Marketing and Creative teams to develop and ensure the creative consistency and branding of the creative advertising of the service.
- Lead and maintain a consistent voice, tone and visual language across all platforms and consumer interaction points for brand initiatives.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Minimum 10 years' experience in all aspects of leadership, creative planning & strategy, concept development and execution, including motion graphics, art direction, brand design, digital design, print, photography and video concepts and production.
- 5 years proven experience creating and delivering concepts that create demand, build brands and drive engagement.
- Experience directly leading and influencing teams in all aspects of creative concept development, strategy, planning and execution.
- Provides unique design insights and solutions in collaboration with internal partners, often in real time
- Working knowledge of modern design fundamentals and application across all consumer touch-points.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced collaborative environment where creativity and insights can come from anywhere, and fresh ideas and concepts are encouraged on a daily basis.
- Help drive in the delivery of all aspects of a campaign in order to ensure excellent execution is achieved.
- Technically savvy, including use of graphic, video editing and other software tools. Adobe Creative Suite Mastery is a must.
- Detail-oriented with an eye for the big picture. Calm, balanced, level-headed, and collaborative in nature.
- Manage teams, time lines, and projects while collaborating across departments. JIRA experience a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, Arts, Advertising, Communication Design or related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top