GFX Operator, CBS Sports Digital
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBS Sports Digital is seeking a talented Graphics Production Assistant for fast-paced live sports newscast focusing on all sports in a national market. We bring our passion for sports and love of our work, serving up sports content to fans everywhere, and this role will help us succeed in that mission.
- Input the electronic graphic – name and location supers, banners, logos and credits – which must be free of grammar or spelling errors for recall during a particular show
- Import graphics and clip animations, create full screen, and operate the MOS gateway
- Communicate and work closely with producers, graphic artists, and production staff in preparing rundowns and coordinating graphics
Work closely with CBS Sports Digital team to create compelling content for customers on CBS Sports Digital platform
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Associates Degree or higher in Television Production or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology
- Knowledge of Vizrt GFX system
- At least 3 years of experience as Graphics Operator for live shows and live sporting events
- At least 2 years of experience as Video GFX Production Assistant
- Must have working knowledge of control room workflows and basic GFX formats and execution
- Along with a strong technical background and organizational skills, the Graphics PA must be alert, fast-paced and able to work productively under high pressure situations, such as inputting new supers or any last minute changes to avoid on air errors
- Extremely deadline oriented, and adept at managing multiple project
- Ability to create video graphics for a variety of different social media platforms
- Able to receive creative direction and accept feedback, yet able to work independently
- Interpersonal and professional communication skills
- This person must be able to work regular hours, and have flexibility to work days, nights, overnights, weekends, and holidays as needed without advance notice.
- Must provide a comprehensive reel of work for review
You might also have –
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects, Ross Xpression experience preferred
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top