Director, Video Quality Assurance
- Burbank, CA
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive's brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
The Video Operations team is responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms. Video Quality Assurance is an extremely important aspect of the team's success.
We are looking for a Director, Video Quality Assurance who performs as a strong leader that can juggle multiple projects at once and keep the product performing at a high level. This role will be responsible for overseeing the video QA of every platform for domestic and international apps and sites. The ideal candidate will work with senior level management to determine video product and feature launch dates.
- Manage video QA team, including the QA roadmap & the teams technology stack
- Work with product owners and team stakeholders to review new features and create comprehensive test plans
- Develop the test vision, identifying critical success factors and aligning division / stakeholders
- Work with video operations and engineering teams to QA and approve major technology and workflow changes
- Partner and communicate with stakeholders to ensure the team is providing high value, test-related services
- Own and drive the overall automation strategy for Video QA workflows
- Refine the team workflow processes and regression documentation
- Delegate assignments, deadlines and ETAs to the team
- Perform as a resource and subject matter expert for Video QA questions
- Recruit, develop, coach and motivate the Quality Assurance team members
- Additional other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Scope and develop QA automation to improve testing time
- Build out a QA lab and hardware library to support the growing needs of the company
- Revisit the overall process as well as recommend and implement changes as needed
- Oversee the testing and release of major upcoming architecture projects
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 5+ years of QA management or lead experience
- Bachelor level degree or equivalent experience
- Have worked as a part of an Agile Scrum team
- Extensive knowledge of the Scrum process
- Experience with automation and using various automation frameworks
- Knowledgeable of ticketing and network capture software, such as Jira, Charles, Wireshark, logcat, etc.
- Previous experience building highly efficient Quality teams
- Metric driven; create and manage KPI's
- Have Quality and customer focus
- Experience with testing and pulling logs from a wide range of mobile and OTT devices
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com . Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Back to top