Director, Video Operations
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Our Distribution & Operations team within the CBS Digital Media group is charged with distribution and monetization of premium CBS content across the spectrum of digital partnerships and business models. These include our direct-to-consumer subscription service CBS All Access, ad-supported streaming across our CBS digital properties and CBS Audience Network partner sites such as YouTube, MSN and Yahoo, transactional digital storefronts such as iTunes and Amazon as well as digital MVPD products and partnerships.
We are a diverse and agile group that works in an exciting and fast-paced environment, working cross-functionally across different departments and partnering with multiple technology/distribution partners to ensure that we deliver CBS content to consumers, however and wherever they want to consume it.
The Director of Video Ops leads the Video Operations team responsible for creating and delivering CBS Network and CBS Television Studios digital video products for distribution across internal sites and apps and external partner services. We are seeking a senior leader responsible for managing a 24-7 team to ensure all assets are created and delivered in a timely manner with exceptional quality.
- Provide hands-on leadership to an established and still growing team
- Scale and optimize existing workflows
- Set and communicate role expectations across the group
- Mentor and train team members
- Build positive and productive relationships with both internal and external partners
- Oversee 24-7 operation with 2 managers and overall team of 15+ to deliver best-in-class digital video products.
- Manage the processes for trafficking of mezzanine files, ingestion, formatting timelines and package preparation including captioning, image creation and xml generation for external partners.
- Maintain and optimize team scheduling, asset workflows and task assignments across streaming, EST and VOD products.
- Monitor and ensure daily products and deliveries are meeting service level commitments for quality and timeliness.
- Constantly assess process effectiveness, develop and implement workflow optimizations for the group.
- Develop and implement new set of KPIs for the group.
- Build strong operational relationships with distribution partners.
- Serve as key liaison for the team with internal stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and recommend software/hardware solutions to improve video publishing operations.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in managing a team and a minimum of 10+ years of video operations with management experience in creating and distributing digital video products.
- Deep experience with video ingestion and CMS publishing tools. Experience with thePlatform MPX, Telestream Vantage, Adobe Premiere, MACCAPTION and Digital Rapids a plus.
- Proven leadership skills and prior experience with building and managing a team.
- Strong organizational and communication abilities with experience working with diverse teams.
- Problem solver with high aptitude for prioritizing tasks, including ability to manage teams, workflows and time sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across the organization at all levels.
- Passion for digital video and TV/Film industry.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top