Director, Security - CBS Interactive
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for informationand online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top nativedigital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into thethings people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games,business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties everyquarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premiumcontent networks online.
Check us out on TheMuse to getan inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photosand company updates.
The CBS Interactive Security team is a friendly and approachable team, often being the first point of contact for CBS Interactive employees. We partner with the business to continually improve and enhance our best-in-class security programs. Our team is responsible for providing 24/7 protection of all CBS Interactive assets and onsite employees, including visitor control and building access management.
We are looking for an experienced individual who will work to reduce security risks and quickly respond to security issues that affect the company's physical and intellectual security and its employees. This position will be instrumental in developing and administering Business Continuity Programs. Routinely engage senior management for feedback and input to ensure the program is consistent and aligned with the growth and direction of the company.
- Develop policies, objectives, plans, procedures, and investment plan for the CBS Interactive security organization.
- Conduct audits and evaluates work standards and Security performance levels ensuring uniformity, effectiveness and incorporating continuous improvement to attain best in class programs and operations.
- Contribute to the development of a corporate-wide business continuity program that includes crisis management, emergency response, resource management, communication, business impact analysis and administration and exercise of the program.
- Coordinate expertise area efforts with Legal, Human Resources, Public Relations & Communications, Finance, Information Technology, Facilities, Real Estate and Health & Safety to provide thorough analysis of security risks and development of appropriate mitigating strategies.
- Develop strategic relationships and act as liaison between CBS Interactive and law
- enforcement agencies and emergency management agencies.
- Cultivates skilled security employees within CBS Interactive by assigning responsibility, managing accountability and providing opportunities for growth.
- Re-evaluate the current CBS Interactive security programs to ensure alignment with the growth and direction of the company.
- Develop, implement and oversee the CBS Interactive Business Continuity Programs.
What you bring to the team:
- As least 5+ years of experience at the senior level dealing in management, policy and security.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of experience and education in Security Administration or Management, Criminology, Criminal Justice, Administration of Justice, Law, or equivalent field,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Able to delegate tasks and communicate to a range of audiences including to executive management.
- Comprehensive business and technical knowledge and organizational skills to oversee highly complex projects with high visibility and impact on the business.
- Possess a high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information.
- Strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking; situational awareness; good judgment and decision making
- Ability to prioritize task(s) and meet firm deadlines
You may also have--
- A Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and Physical Security Professional (PSP) certifications desired or advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to work independently and to take emergent decisions.
- Preferably is a former member of National Security Academy, Police Force or Federal Agent. Should have undergone appropriate training in Senior Security Management.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top