Director of Integrated Marketing - News
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The Site Strategy team is seeking a Director to focus on our CBS News Digital brand. Site Strategy is a part of the larger CBS Interactive Integrated Marketing team that oversees advertising solutions for the CBS portfolio of premium brands. Site Strategy's focus is to proactively identify and build revenue-driving packages/programs, execute sold sponsorships and keep an overall pulse on ad sales revenue for each business unit.
CBS News Digital is seeking an experienced, driven, solutions-oriented leader to join Site Strategy to develop and execute best-in-class sponsorship programs, empower and educate Integrated Marketing and Sales on site-focused opportunities, and continually evolve our offerings in response to changing marketplace needs. The Director will focus on CBSNews.com and the 24/7 digital news destination, CBSN, managing sponsored campaigns from creation of the proactive package to execution and reporting results.
This strategic thinker, hardworking team player and key Integrated Marketing leader will play an integral role in driving revenue for News. The position is responsible for the development, packaging and socializing of marketing solutions for clients, including sponsored and branded digital and social content. S/he will help manage an Integrated Marketing team, liaise with Sales to understand client needs and develop solutions by collaborating with editorial partners. S/he will also serve as the primary lead managing sales efforts between CBS News Digital and CBS News linear.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about news, possess strong interpersonal and analytical skills, along with a rock-solid work ethic and solutions-oriented mindset, and thrive working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Work hand-in-hand with our brand partners on the site/editorial/product side to create innovative, dynamic, industry-leading sponsorship opportunities
- Collaborate with our Client Solutions group to glean insights from clients across categories to ensure we are providing solutions that drive their businesses forward
- Oversee the execution of all sold campaigns, making sure each and every element runs flawlessly and up to the highest standards from launch to completion
- Provide meticulous reporting and data-driven optimization recommendations
- Run point with linear Sales counterparts focused on broadcast network News to collaborate on TV360 campaigns
- Drive innovation and revenue by proactively developing and delivering best-in-class multiplatform (digital, social, linear, events) marketing solutions designed to meet client needs across categories
- Serve as overall relationship manager with the site leads (editorial, video, social, product, etc.) in order to bring value to all constituencies
- Educate Sales on all News opportunities. Work with Sales Management and Client Solutions Integrated Marketing team to identify and tailor partnership opportunities to key categories and clients. Serve as lead when working with the Client Solutions team to help respond to RFPs
- Serve as a key point of contact for the Sales team on all things News, collaborating to review accounts and develop recommendations for new opportunities and procedures
- Represent CBS News Digital internally, as part of the broader CBSi portfolio, and externally in the marketplace with clients and agencies
- Work with Business Intelligence other research teams/resources to understand CBS News Digital's audience and data-targeting capabilities and lead the team to apply data and insights to creative opportunities
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategy and messaging for CBS News Digital, including General Presentation
- Manage, lead and direct 1-2 direct reports
- Lead management of the post-sale process to showcase program results through case studies and wrap reports and work with Client Solutions and Sales to refine and enhance concepts to drive renewals - working to gather recap elements from Business Intelligence, Social, Ad Innovations and more
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Minimum 10 years of experience in digital ad sales marketing across video, display, mobile and social preferably within the TV industry/for a related publisher brand, or at an ad agency or digital company with ad-supported revenue
- Proven track record in leading/managing/motivating a team
- Strong affinity/passion for News required
- Self-motivation, a solutions-oriented mindset and a positive attitude with an extreme attention to detail
- Showcased effectiveness in leveraging strong interpersonal skills across cross-functional teams, building productive relationships across the business and all levels of management
- Excellent PowerPoint and data analysis skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - capacity to communicate complex concepts clearly and simply
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing business priorities
- Strong project management skills, able to implement multiple projects simultaneously within time and budget constraints
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Dana A.Accounts Payable Specialist
Dana ensures that all of CBS Interactive’s bills get paid promptly, assisting every department with their payment processes.
Back to top