Director, Human Resources
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for informationand online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top nativedigital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into thethings people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games,business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties everyquarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premiumcontent networks online.
Check us out on TheMuse to getan inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photosand company updates.
- Business Overview:
o Our team is a diverse and agile group of HRProfessionals and we collaborate with our business units to help them drive theirbusiness goals and profitability through tailor made HR strategies. Our role is to help our business build greatteams, nurture high performance and create a great place to work and learn. We are HR generalists to the core andcollaborative across all business functions and HR verticals.
- Role Details:
- We are looking for a new team member whothrives in a high-tech, friendly environment and who will provide leadership,creativity and efficiency to all operational elements of Human Resources. In thisrole you will provide expert consulting and leadership on a variety ofgeneralist HR issues including, but not limited, to organizational design,performance management, leadership development and coaching, successionplanning, talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, HR operations (includingcompensation, HRIS and benefits), and employee relations.
- You will play several roles within thebusiness: First and foremost, you will be a trusted senior advisor to yourclient groups, providing strategic input and consultation as well as tacticaland operational support across our US and International Tech businesses. Secondly, you will play an active part in theCNET Media Group HR team, participating in group-wide HR initiatives,supporting the VP Human Resources in key strategic and tactical projects. Finally, you will play a central role withinthe wider HR team, leading the team by example and helping integrate the CMG HRteam into the wider group.
- This is a HR role with a global remit and itwill be up to you to ensure that our business strategies translate intoactionable HR initiatives across all of our international regions
- Your Day-to-Day:
- · Provideexpertise and best practices in organizational design and change managementusing data and analysis to identify and address key business opportunities
- · Provide HRsupport across US, EMEA and APAC territories, helping leaders define, developand deliver HR strategies across multiple international locations in keepingwith local policies and regulations
- · Ability tothink globally, leveraging matrix relationships to deliver on HR strategiesoriginating from the US and being able to execute these internationally
- · Buildstellar partnerships with business unit management to maintain and continuebuilding a culture of innovation and performance excellence
- · Leadorganizational capability through assessing talent, identifying competencygaps, following through on succession plans, and the strategic movement ofpeople
- · Translatebusiness priorities into actionable short and long term staffing plans whilepartnering with Talent Acquisition to recruit, select and hire top talent
- · Championdiversity and inclusion initiatives, building an inclusive and developmentalculture for all, making CBS Interactive a great place to work and learn
- · Assistleaders in understanding organizational interdependencies of current workforcetrends by using data to determine and recommend the appropriate implementationof people strategies
- · Workcollaboratively as a member of the HR team and continually innovate byimproving HR processes, tweaking existing programs or introducing newinitiatives to drive the right business outcomes
- · Understandand apply the broad perspective of the business strategy back to the HR team toensure alignment and high client relevancy of HR initiatives and programsimplemented within CBS Interactive
- · Provideguidance and solutions on matters related to employee performance and teameffectiveness while offering feedback on style and leadership behaviors toimprove work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and driveretention.
- · Provide HRadvice and guidance across US, EMEA and APAC jurisdictions leveraging knowledgeand experience working with local policies, procedures and local employmentregulations
- · Manage, leadand develop a HR team, providing direction, guidance and management support tobuild a high performing team focused on driving the needs of the business
- · Administercorporate wide initiatives designed to assess and recognize performance throughbonus, stock, merit, employee reviews and other types of programs;
- · Engage inand manage HR projects as assigned
- Key Projects:
- During your first few months you will havesuccessfully partnered with your Tech leadership team to better understandtheir individual goals and will have formulated HR action plans tailored totheir goals on how to attract, reward and retain key talent, both in the US andabroad. Your passion for talentmanagement and proven track record in managing change will help us continue buildinga great place to work and learn.
- key part in translating strategy into talentinitiatives and working alongside HR, managers and the recruitment team toimprove processes and elevate the business.
- You have –
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources (orequivalent training & experience)
- Minimum 5 years working as a HR BusinessPartner
- Minimum 2+years experience working across global teams, in particular in UK, Australia,Singapore employment jurisdictions
- At least 1+ years management experience
- Strongfunctional HR knowledge; is well versed in disciplines of the HR function andstays current in emerging talent practices and developments
- Proven trackrecord of successfully working at all levels of the organization, demonstratinginfluence and client consulting skills with employees, managers and seniorleadership
- Demonstratedability to understand complex business issues and develop HRinitiatives/actions based on data and analytics to support business strategies
- Demonstrated process capabilities and metrics-driven, able to manage complex projects across multiple stakeholders
- Experience with HR legal issues and working with inside and outside legal counsel
- Operateswith a high sense of urgency and initiative; able to proactively anticipateissues while providing viable, alternative solutions to the business
- Stronginterpersonal and communication abilities; skilled in communicating withdiverse clients, both 1:1, in large groups and at any level within theorganization
- Displays courageand confidence when tacking tough coaching situations while maintainingtrusting client relationship
- Demonstratedability to work in a matrixed environment; strong collaboration skills withpeers and corporate HR partners
- Knowledge offederal, state and local laws and statutes which govern policies and practicesof hiring, compensation and benefits and general employment
- Ability towork in a fast paced, dynamic and fun environment
- Youmight also have –
- Mastersdegree and/or international HR / employment law qualifications
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top