Director, Customer Care
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
- Responsible for leading and managing a team of internal customer care managers that are responsible for leading the external customer service center of 150+ brand care specialists.
- Identify and implement best practices and methodologies for improving overall services operations and ensuring that the service level agreements are met.
- Provides leadership and business planning direction to team members in order to achieve annual business objectives
- Responsible for the strategic planning and successful implementation of all facets of customer support and quality
- Liaises internally and works closely with department leaders for successful delivery of services and support
- Responsible for driving, organizing, and developing the Customer Operations team/systems to achieve the highest levels of customer issue resolution through accurate, timely, proactive and professional communications with customers
- Owns achieving and maintaining benchmark response times, customer activity metrics goals including saves, and customer service performance standards for all customer care interactions.
- Formulate of long and short-term operating budgets and other objectives of the Customer Care Department
- Identify new tools and technologies to enable enhanced support the customer.
- Responsible for all aspects of performance management including interviewing, hiring, training, performance evaluations, and recognition
- Provide effective, constructive and appropriate feedback and leadership to direct reports to foster positive, team atmosphere; ensure personal and professional development of direct reports
- Initiate and assist with the creation, development, and implementation of processes and procedures
- Ability to learn and understand multiple customer profiles for a diverse suite of brands and products and leading the department in shaping policies, procedures, and performance expectations around those profiles.
- Overseeing the relationship with the BPO call center vendor
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years in a customer service, call center environment
- 5+ years in managing customer service teams, within the Entertainment and Sports industries highly preferred
- 5+ years in customer care operations that included a focus on sales retention and save interactions.
- Experience with subscription business models or digital products preferred
- Experience managing and forecasting large budgets based on headcount, contact volume, seasonality, and more, as well as understanding the business implications of decisions and orientation to profitability
- Proven track record of successful development and implementation of exceptional customer service standards and procedures with some experience developing client relationships, working with clients directly to find solutions.
- Possess a "big picture" perspective of customer service, its impact on revenue, retention, and marketing.
- Ability to interpret business intelligence reporting and develop strategy.
- Demonstrate excellent presentation and communication skills with particular ability to adapt to your audience (client, vendor, team member), knowing how to blend compassion, respect, and authority.
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building.
- Significant experience in a fast-paced and results-driven setting
- Outstanding listening, comprehension and clear, concise and grammatically sound oral and written communication skills
- Broad perspective on the role customer service plays in an organization's strategy and growth
- Computer proficient, able to work with disparate systems and applications
- Comfortable working in a matrixed corporate environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top