Director, Content - ETonline.com
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are the digital content arm of the Emmy Award-winning syndicated TV series Entertainment Tonight and the forthcoming ET Live streaming network. ETonline has been the No. 1 producer of entertainment video online for more than 2 years straight, according to comScore, and is a top three entertainment news network.
The director of content for ETonline will lead a team of writers, editors, producers and social platform specialists to create original content and optimize and market content from the ET Live stream and syndicated television show Entertainment Tonight.
- Grow and manage editorial calendar around tent pole events, premieres, launches, etc
- Set daily platform story budget w/ exec editor, video lead, ET Live and ET Show teams
- Help evolve and manage ETonline's editorial voice and POV
- Ensure all content is on brand
- Work with video lead and senior producers to support current video series and expand to new platforms
- Ensure social platform teams' content production needs are met on daily basis
- Work with ET Live and ET show teams to help optimize stream and linear content by platform
- Liaise with sales team to create new verticals and series to take to market
- Optimize editorial, video and platform teams to meet revenue goals while staying on budget
- Create and launch new video series optimized for YT, FB and IGTV
- Expand ETonline's content offerings to a younger and more diverse audience
- Expand ETonline's coverage of digital entertainment & celebrity
- Incorporate and optimize content produced by ET Live for appropriate social platforms
- Help build a seamless workflow between ETonline, ET Live and the syndicated show
- Drive awareness and viewership for launch of ET Live stream apps
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 5+ years experience running a large digital team
- Video production background
- Experience running or working on social media teams
- Strong editorial and news judgement
- Entertainment news or news experience in a leadership position
- Experience in brand building and evolution
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top