Director, Business Development
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBS Interactive's News team is looking for a Director of Business Development to forge key strategic partnerships for the CBS News digital properties.
This person will work closely with our top partners and the CBS News executive, product, legal, marketing, and sales teams to create meaningful partnerships to help grow audience and revenue. Candidates must be self-starters, dynamic "hunters" and possess solid contract negotiation experience and inter-personal relationship skills. This position draws on experience within the digital media industry, specifically: video distribution, social media, platform partnerships, digital ad programs, and strategic planning.
- Drive new partner opportunities, including sourcing new prospects and leading sales efforts
- Be the lead deal account owner for strategic digital distribution partners, forging strong relationships
- Successfully negotiate quality agreements
- Define goals, objectives and specific distribution strategies with key internal teams
- Effectively manage communication between internal departments and with the executive team
- Must have track record of managing, leading and motivating direct reports
- This role brings much flexibility and excitement: you may be forging deals that include totally new business models; launching deals with new partners; working with a variety of brands; and working on emerging technologies.
- This person will drive our distribution relationships & negotiations, and work closely with our product teams on partnerships to enhance our sites & apps.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- BA/BS degree with 7+ years of digital video, partnership or and/BD experience
- Solid understanding of technology and digital content distribution & monetization practices
- Established strong network of media and technology contacts; plus ability to source and establish new relationships
- Superior contract negotiation skills and outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Motivated self-starter; a results-oriented executive who is able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast, change-oriented environment
- News Industry Experience a must
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top