Digital Line Producer
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Entertainment Tonight is launching an interactive streaming news network delivering celebrity, pop culture and lifestyle content and premium video. It will be available live and on-demand 24/7 via our app, on OTT, desktop, mobile and across social platforms. We strive to have our original reporting and exclusive access drive the conversation.
We're looking for a detail-oriented Digital Line Producer to manage our programming stream. Working closely with the Control Room and Master Control under constant deadline, the DLP will build and time hourly show rundowns to ensure the viewer experience matches our editorial vision. The DLP also needs to coordinate the editing of live shows for playback, incorporating all changes, updates and fixes as needed. Additional responsibilities include curating VOD trays for our app/partner platforms and optimizing our content for SEO and social. The right candidate will embrace new technologies and combine Control Room efficiency with a strategic ability to identify stories people want to watch and share.
● Build, load and time hourly rundowns for live and automated shows; sync story triggers and commercial breaks
● Coordinate the editing of live shows within our programming software for playback
● Collaborate with Senior producers to identify top segments for VOD, replay, social or syndication
● Write headline and story summaries for live programming, playback and social
● Coordinate with partner OTT platforms; tag content and maintain schedules, show descriptions and thumbnails
● Curate "best of" programming for weekend/off-time
What you bring to the team
● 2 + years journalism experience in Digital, Cable or Broadcast, including working in a control room stacking and/or timing a show rundown
● Video-editing experience, preferably on Avid platform
● Strong research, writing and copy-editing skills
● Sophisticated knowledge of social media and the digital entertainment news space
● Understanding of SEO/experience writing heds and deks
● Familiarity with iNews/Media Central or other rundown system
● Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, including event coverage
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
You might also have -
● Experience with video playout systems like Crispin, Grass Valley K2, Harris or similar
● History of creating compelling video content for social platforms including YouTube, Instagram and/or Facebook
● Knowledge of OTT platforms
● Proficiency with graphic systems or camera expertise
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Associate Editor, Gamespot
As an associate editor, Kallie works on various content, including reviews and previews, and produces features, writes news, and appears on camera and livestreams relating to games and the gaming industry.
Back to top