Booker - CBS News.com
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are looking for a new booking team member who is obsessed with the 24/7 news cycle and breaking news. This person will have a talent for finding influential voices who can break down and analyze a story. This booking producer will be responsible for coordinating and managing CBSN guest bookings for daily coverage and breaking news as well as long-form projects.
Your Day to Day:
- Pitch day-to-day story ideas in concert with the vision of CBSN senior producers and management.
- Manage CBSN guest bookings for daily coverage as well as breaking news.
- Work on long-term booking assignments as assigned by Senior Booking Producer
- Manage logistics for CBSN on-air guests including ground transportation and remote studio locations
- Attend daily editorial meeting
- Plan future guest bookings for next day and long –term
- Book for CBSN broadcasts as assigned by schedule as well as teeing off the following day's broadcasts
- Prepare overnight booking handover note
- Develop and build on current and new relationships with newsmaker guests including finding distinct, compelling, engaging and diverse voice for on-air conversations.
- Work with other CBSi teams to bring in-house talent on air for various segments on CBSN.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism (or equivalent training & experience)
- Minimum 2 years experience in network television or cable news guest booking
- Minimum 2 years experience in a broadcast network or cable news newsroom
- Contacts of newsmakers including PR contacts, print journalists, former lawmakers, political strategists, national security experts and others.
- Willingness to work evenings 5 days a week and some weekends and as news warrants.
You may also have--
- Line producing experience
- Segment producing experience
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top