BI Analyst, Business Intelligence and Insights (International)
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
With the significant expansion in international presence, the team is looking to add a creative and curious analytics professional with the ability to deliver meaningful insights, strategic perspective and actionable recommendations. As a member on our data loving team, you will utilize your strong analysis skills, business/marketing/product knowledge and relationship management skills to assist our entertainment businesses stakeholders and assist in experimentation, audience targeting, ad-hoc analysis, and revenue growth, quantitative modeling related work.
As an analyst, you will partner with fellow members on the CBS.com and CBS All Access teams and present stories and insights from all sources of data. The role will focus heavily on International All Access and collaborate closely with various business units. You will enjoy tallying the numbers, viewing problems from multiple angles, solving difficult challenges and interacting with all roles and functions to influence their decisions.
- Work with key parties from product, marketing, social and finance teams to evaluate key business problem, impact from feature releases and understand experimentation results and overall metrics
- Collaborate closely with business groups, tracking engineers, data engineering to understand background, tracking and data requirements to ensure timely and accurate measurements
- Analyze ongoing initiatives and releases and assist product manager and marketing team in performance assessment, efficiency and improved user/product experiences
- Evaluate historical data and build appropriate models to understand and customer behavior, business trends, performance and financial KPIs
- Communicate findings, recommendations and concerns to appropriate stakeholders
- Document analytical procedures and ensure transparent repeatable processes
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Economics, Marketing, Bioinformatics, Math, Statistics, CS/Engineering or other quantitative field
- 2+ years of relevant working experience in a similar role or contributor to marketing/product analysis and insights, preferably for an online entertainment media property or e-commerce platform
- Proficient with SQL coding, the cloud environment (BigQuery, AWS or similar), familiar with/willing to learn basic scripting language (R, Python, or Perl) and visualization tools (Looker, Domo, or Tableau)
- Expert knowledge of web analytics (Adobe, or Google Analytics)
- Strong business intuition and good data discovery/analysis knowledge
- Ability to learn quickly, independently, and adapt to changes
- Strong relationship builder with well-rounded communication skills to work well with teammates and stakeholders
You might also have -
- Ability to conduct independent problem solving and data exploration analysis
- Experience building prototype dashboards, automating reports and provide insights at scale
- Comfortable collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to understand underlying business problem, perform full cycle analysis and propose recommendations and solutions
- Provide effective presentations and distill complex information into simple visuals and decks for major stakeholders
- Familiar with product analytics or marketing analytics with the ability to carry out analysis related to customer journey, user activity, product/feature & marketing performance and digital analytics
- Follow thoughtful and repeatable applied statistical/computational methods to support various studies and scale analysis appropriately
- Comfortable with experimentation design, data mining, statistical modeling and user segmentation
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top