Associate Video Producer - Giant Bomb
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Giant Bomb is a leading voice in the world of video game coverage and direct-to-consumer content. We are part of the CBS Interactive network of brands, including GameFAQs, Metacritic, and more!
We are seeking a video producer to join the Giant Bomb team in creating content that is tailored for our audience. The successful applicant will be creatively minded and capable of coming up with new ideas, while at the same time being comfortable with the technical aspects of multimedia production for online environments. Our ideal applicant will be as comfortable in front of the camera as behind it and must be flexible enough to extend into unfamiliar areas when required.
- Record and edit various pieces of content in the studio and field locations.
- Manage live recordings, including audio, camera switching, and video streaming.
- Publish content through our content management system, including taking screenshots, and writing captions.
- Maintain studio appearance, equipment, and inventory.
- Maintain content on social sites.
- Manage a shooting schedule.
- Facilitate editors in content creation. Help shape ideas into plans and ultimately into published content.
- Maintain studio appearance and seek new ways to improve functionality and workflow.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Passion for and understanding of video production.
- Work well on a small team and be able to assist in several simultaneous roles.
- Available to cover large events and travel.
- Knowledge of video gaming industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people in high pressure situations.
- Creatively minded - have great ideas for programming which engages an audience and be able to execute on those ideas.
- Comfortable being a public figure and appearing on camera.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, or other non-linear editing systems.
- Working knowledge of audio and video codecs.
- Experience with streaming live video.
You might also have –
- Experience at an online company in digital media or content creation.
- Experience in audio recording and mastering.
- Experience with motion graphics.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Director, Project Management, CBS.com
Farid runs a Project Management Team comprising scrum masters, product managers, and quality assurance. He oversees each functional area and helps leaders succeed.
Back to top