Associate Video Producer (Contract)
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are seeking a self-starter who anticipates and executes the needs of the various CBS news shows with regard to video, graphics and how it publishes out to CBSNews.com while also taking direction from front door editors, producers and show liaisons. Must be able to write, edit video and help produce other associated elements for programming. Must be able to multi-task and be familiar with video Content Management Systems for publishing videos and articles.
- Publish videos that come from various requestors to CBSNews.com.
- Write headlines and descriptions to accompany videos that get published.
- Responsible for fixing and/or updating videos for our website.
- Filling in correct and accurate keywords and tags for SEO purposes as well as inputting metadata.
- QC videos that come through the CBSNews.com pipeline before publishing out to Web
- Curate videos into a playlist for our website.
- Help test new infrastructure and technologies that impact our workflow and end-user experience.
- Stay up-to-date with best SEO practices.
- Ideate new and efficient ways to improve and streamline our processes and procedures for publishing videos out to the Web.
- Keep our video publishing guide current and fresh.
- Stay abreast of the current landscape of digital news and video content for the Web.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- A minimum of 1-3 years work experience with creating and publishing video for Web platforms, writing accurate and compelling headlines and descriptions for videos and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, deal with intense deadline pressure and continually react to breaking news in a streamlined and efficient manner.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- A good understanding of SEO.
- Knowledge about social media and the competitive digital news space.
- Basic video editing skills in an Avid based environment.
- The ability to work flexible hours, holidays and weekends.
You might also have -
- Expertise in Avid Media Composer/Newscutter and Avid Interplay.
- Strong knowledge of video content management systems such as the Platform MPX.
- Experience shooting video.
CBS Interactive utilizes Workforce Logiq as a third party management solution for its contractor workforce. Selected applicants for this contractor opportunity will be employed by Workforce Logiq, not CBS Interactive. Workforce Logiq is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Workforce Logiq complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Dana A.Accounts Payable Specialist
Dana ensures that all of CBS Interactive’s bills get paid promptly, assisting every department with their payment processes.
Back to top