Associate Product Manager - CBS News.com
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse , Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CBS News is seeking an enthusiastic Associate Product Manager who is excited to work in a fast moving, collaborative environment and are passionate about creating products that serves users and drive KPIs. A successful candidate will have exceptional organizational skills, versatile communication skills, and excellent problem-solving skills. Prior experience with Jira and Omniture is also a big plus. The Associate Product Manager position will work on CBS News and CBSN - a 24-hour streaming news channel - supporting products across multiple platforms including mobile apps, connected devices and emerging platforms, and will report directly to the Product Director.
- Create and upkeep product requirements across multiple projects
- Develop documentation and other materials as needed to support design and development of products and features
- Partner with the design team to craft UI & UX that satisfy business objectives and users
- Create and manage adobe analytics (Omniture) dashboards to monitor KPIs
- Communicate product vision and requirement to stakeholders
- Construct Jira tickets to translate product requirements into actionable stories or tasks
- Resolve issues that affects product delivery timelines and the team's ability to meet core business goals
- Identify and escalate performance anomalies by monitoring various data sources
- Collaborate with project managers, developers, designers and editorial staff to implement product features
- Attend to user feedback and customer complaints, troubleshoot and identify next steps
- Stay current in industry trends and competitive landscape
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum of 1+ years experience on a product management team
- Minimum of 1+ years in digital industry, preferably with media experience
- Familiarity with Adobe Analytics (Omniture) and Jira
- Passion about building delightful UX
- Exceptional organizational skills, versatile communication skills, and excellent problem-solving skills
- Energetic self-starter with a positive "can-do" attitude
- Ability to multi-task, pivot, and change focus when necessary
- Analytical thinking mindset, uses data to answer questions
You may also have:
- Familiar with G Suite tools and Confluence
- Experience supporting mobile apps (iOS, Android), connected devices (Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Roku, Web apps (Tizen, Vizio, etc), PlayStation, Xbox), emerging platforms (Alexa, Google Home, HomePod, CarPlay, Android Auto)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of CBS Interactive's Employees
Associate Editor, Gamespot
As an associate editor, Kallie works on various content, including reviews and previews, and produces features, writes news, and appears on camera and livestreams relating to games and the gaming industry.
Back to top